July 4, 2010

Rachel kept saying all day 'I'm so essited its the 4th of July!!" 

when did he become old enough to play baseball in the street... with the big boys?! 

she woke up from her nap, just in time to watch the early show :) 

loved the hydrangeas, but accidentally zoomed in on the tree. 

he told me yesterday, "when I'm 31 I'll still hug you a lot." :) 



our neighbors all put on one of the best block parties I've ever seen! Topped with music, yummy food, drinks, games, movies {played by a projector on the neighbors back fence}, our neighbor is the Fire Chief and so he brought his firetrucks down and let the kids climb on them... and of course, fireworks! We had our friends the Fergusons over and enjoyed the time with them and our neighbors, all night long. Seriously, we didn't end the fun until 1am. 
Halfway through the night Jason had the idea to take the kids to the park up the street from our house, to see if they could catch fireworks shows all over our area, above the trees. Turns out, he had a great idea! I went up later with him and we could see the fireworks displays in Seattle!! 

the front door stayed open all during the festivities, because going out and coming in was the theme :) 

Kara loves baby Owen {bee-bee ahh-wen} 

I think she and I were trying to figure out how to keep him :) 



I think this is my favorite picture of the whole night :) 


hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!! 

Comments

Nicola said…
It looks like you all had a wonderful 4th.
Krista said…
I love the reaction to the fireworks pictures, so much fun!
Stef said…
We did, Nicola, thanks! It was quite relaxing to have some friends over and have the BIG block party right outside. I didn't have to do much, other than cook :)
Also, I have no idea why Rachel's hair looks red in that first picture... maybe the flash?
Erin said…
I was thinking that about Rachel's hair, too. It looks like she got her hair colored. So young! Ha!
Are those fireworks in the photos the ones you guys were putting off on your own block? Spectacular!
Maritez said…
Great pictures! We surprisingly caught some fireworks from our yard last night too...not sure where they were from though ;)

P.S. I love my hydrangeas too!!!
Stef said…
I think the red in her hair is possible reflection of the fireworks going off next to her :-)

Yep, the fireworks were set off by each of us. Everyone contributed (except the Arnolds :-)
Charlotte said…
How fun! My MIL used to live in the Seattle area and we would visit on the 4th of July. I remember getting tired of waiting for darkness and setting off the fireworks while it was still light. Great photos, Stef! I love one that went off in the sky.
Stef said…
haha! that is SO true, Charlotte! I kept laughing because they were setting off fireworks at 7:30 when it was still light outside. One positive thing about the cruddy weather this 4th, was that it got completely dark by 9pm, which is SO rare. But, overcast days tend to get darker much earlier. Funny thing is, its 90 degrees here today. So random!

I have to credit my husband for the fireworks pictures. I was holding Kara and he had the camera :)
W and J said…
Dang! What a Par-Tay! The whole entire neighborhood is out. FUN! And, gosh, Ethan looks *so* old, but still such a cutie!!
jillyco said…
Wow...great pictures! Looks like you have an awesome neighborhood too!
Gina said…
Looks like so much fun. It's such a blessing to live in a family friendly area that still enjoys block time together! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

keeping the sickies away

Blog Giveaway!!