this weekend


Its a BIG weekend, that's for sure. My little sister in gettin' hitched. Can you believe it?! Some of you can, since you've only known her as an adult. Some of you readers only know her as a little horse lovin' girl.
She still loves horses, but she's 23 now, which is young to some of us, but far from little.
I would love to do a whole blog post about her, but its not her style, so I won't. She's having a hard enough time fathoming a day where she has to be the center of everyone's attention and smile at people with ready comments at every glance ;-)

What I will say is, I love my sister. I'm thrilled to bits that God brought her into our family and that my parents adopted her and made her ours. I understand the intense decision it was on their part to add to their family of six and to expand a home that didn't have much room for expanding. Its a leap of faith I know they've never regretted.
I love the man she's marrying and I'm thrilled he's soon to be part of our family and her part of his.
I love how God joins a man and woman, makes them their own family unit and in the process, grows an existing family even larger. Beautiful.
I love that my sister marrying David brings a bunch of long time family friends and turns us all into extended family, by marriage. Super cool.

My oldest sister arrives late tonight.
My parents arrive tomorrow morning, along with more California friends.
The wedding is Saturday and the rest is history.

There will be a picture post that follows. Hopefully I can get it up before we start moving.
The move beings on Thursday and my Mom is staying after the wedding to help! Is she amazing?
I think so.


Comments

Gina said…
So exciting! Hope the day is wonderful--congrats Em & David! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :-)
Melissa Joy said…
What a sweet tribute to your sister! (who I honestly do remember as a horse-lovin' little gal, palling around with Kelly Marie all the time) ;)
Happy wedding, happy family-expanding, happy reveling in the goodness of God's grace!
FullofSunshine said…
I absolutely loved reading this.How special- your blessed to have each other. Congratulations to you and the family. May God bless her special day! Give her a hug for me-HapPy to hear the good news : ) xoxoxo
Emily said…
Congrats to Em and David! I remember the day your parents brought her home, and how cute she was when she was little. Can't wait to see photos! Give your parents and Amber a hug for me. Is Trish coming too? Love you!
Charlotte said…
What a fun weekend ahead! I actually remember the day in Friday school when you and Trisha ran in holding Emily saying the adoption was final. Congratulations to them both!
Flourishing said…
I am so excited for you all! I do remember her as a little girl sitting on her bunk bed. I think that is the first time I met her. I am happy for her wedding tomorrow!
jillyco said…
Congrats to Emily and David! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear about the wedding!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away