First Softball Game


We had our first softball game last night. We went down 15-9, but had a good time. It's pretty clear that in this league, the key points are to make the basic defensive plays (minimize throwing errors), and consistently knock out line drives that move runners along. We did both of these pretty well for the first half of the game, but then the scoring dried up :)

I had a pretty good game; I dropped my first fly ball (I haven't really played outfield since I was 12, and the ball looks pretty crazy coming out of the lights), but grabbed a couple more (actually harder) flys later in the game. I went 2 for 4, and got one of the highest compliments I could receive: on my third trip to the plate, the opposing team was yelling to each other "He hits line drives". And then I popped the next pitch up (crazy knuckleball -- the other team had a good pitcher) :)

Anyway, it was lots of fun and got my head out of my normal flow of work; and it was nice spending some time with the other guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away