Mini Blinds...


I need help! We live in a brand new neighborhood and so with all the construction going on around us, some of our 4 month old mini blinds already need to be cleaned! I'm wondering if any of you have any tips on how to clean them myself. I know when I was younger, we would take the aluminum blinds off and lay them on the driveway, soap them up and wash them with the hose. I can't do that with these because they're the faux wood kind and... that would be bad. :)
So, any suggestions? Cool gadgets out there you know of that I can use?
Please help.

Comments

Erin said…
When I've cleaned my blinds, I just wiped each slat separately, with the Clorox wipes. It wasn't fast or anything. But, seemed to work better than spraying cleaner on a paper towel & wiping that way.
I have no good ideas, really!
Stef said…
I had the same idea. Glad someone else has tried it. :) Thanks!
Jane said…
Yes, use your Kirby vacuum cleaner--attach the soft brush on the hose and just vacuum them off, I did this over the weekend and it worked beautifully.
Stef said…
AWESOME! I totally forgot about that thing. Get my money's worth out of it. :) J/K... we love that vacuum. Worth every penny!
big hair betty said…
I like the little swiffer duster. It's pretty easy to just pass over and it picks up quite a bit of dust! Which reminds me of a chore that I should get to....
Stef said…
So funny, Sara. I saw a commercial for that today! I thought it looked cool and I think I'll try it, just to see if I like it. I noticed that my vacuum still leaves a small trace of dust. Nothing major, but I want them CLEAN. :)
Stef said…
I had the same idea. Glad someone else has tried it. :) Thanks!
Jane said…
Yes, use your Kirby vacuum cleaner--attach the soft brush on the hose and just vacuum them off, I did this over the weekend and it worked beautifully.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away