Pumpkin Crunch


I got this recipe from my friend Megan several years ago. I've never actually made it, but I've been at several events where this is served and its always a huge hit. Since that time of the year is coming around again... thought you'd all enjoy it!

Ingredients:
1 box of yellow cake mix (or make your own)
1 large can (28 or 29 oz.) Pumpkin
1 large can (10 or 12oz.) evaporated milk
3 eggs
2 sticks of butter or 1 stick margarine
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans (or your favorite nut)

Method:
Melt the butter in a small saucepan. In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, evap. milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon.
Line 9x13 inch pan with foil (spray with cooking spray).
Pour pumpkin mixture into pan.
Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
Pat down. Sprinkle nuts. Drizzle butter.
Bake for one hour @ 350 degrees (usually more)
Let it stand for at least 10 minutes before turning out on cutting board.
Its best to stand 2 hours or refrigerate to speed the cooling.
Turn cake over on cutting board. Peel off the foil.
Slice and serve with either cool whip or vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy!

Comments

Amber said…
Sounds good. I'll have to try it out.
jillyco said…
Oh yeah...one of my very favorite recipes!! Reminds me of Thanksgiving.
Stef said…
Amber - I'm going to make this for the SL party, so you can try it there!
Amber said…
Great...can't wait to taste it!
aMbEr said…
Sounds good. I'll have to try it out.
Stef said…
Amber - I'm going to make this for the SL party, so you can try it there!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away