Servant-Leadership training

Tonight I had my first session of what we call something like servant-leader training. Ryan is leading a 2-year course that is essentially a lighter treatment of the training that they do at Grace Theological Seminary (which he graduated from recently). Meetings are once every 2 weeks, with some homework and reading in the middle... the purpose is really beyond helping us grow spiritually, to also helping us minister effectively to those around us. I think this is going to be great and an excellent opportunity for me to be pushed past limits that I'm confortable with, and grow in areas that I would not otherwise make progress in.

Between this and home fellowship and my freelance projects, I'm going to have my hands really full, but I think it will be good for me. And I'm rapidly approaching wrapping up a couple of projects -- I've got some client training for one scheduled on Monday, and the other is nearing completion. Once I've got those done, I'll be down to just the regular contract work with Initsoft, and lower priority side projects like this site and calvaryworldwide.org, which is also starting to take shape.

In other news, Cal started his new job on Monday, and we've been commuting in together. It's been nice -- Highway 4 can get very lonely while sitting in traffic in the morning, and it's been fun having him there, catching up, and reminiscing about the old days. It's also been very good for me in that I've now got extra incentive to get up and out the door consistently (since I'm giving him a ride to BART most days) and relatively early (out the door around 6). The down side is that getting up early is starting to make me tired earlier at night, which is cramping my freelance project time a bit.

Finally, church softball starts up tomorrow night. Matt's staging me in the outfield to run down fly balls... I guess we'll find out if I'm still in any sort of shape to do that :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away