Countdown until vacation...




We're getting very close to our vacation getaway and couldn't be more excited! Everyone is healthy, thanks to lots of prayer and vitamins.

We'll be staying in a vacation home in Pacific Grove, CA (right next door to Monterey) and about 2 blocks up from the beach! This is our first family vacation, without our parents, so we're feeling quite grown up. :) Jason and I have been on one or two night getaways by ourselves, but we've never gone on an actual week long, family vacation, just the 4 of us. Its also going to be the first time we've been away for so long since Rachel was born.

I've been doing my typical "pre-vacation deep cleaning around the house" this week.
Today I completely gutted all our closets; organized, got rid of junk (yes, we've acquired junk the short 7 months we've lived here) and put away all the summer clothes and pulled out the official winter clothes.
I moved our furniture and cleaned behind it (sadly, for the first time since moving in), dusted, mopped, cleaned out the shower and packed up any emergency meds we might need while we're away.
I made a couple dinners for us to take with us on vacation so we won't have to eat out every meal of the day. I didn't really want to be cooking while we were there (relaxing) so I'm doing all the cooking/baking now and we can just pop it in the oven when we're ready to eat it!

Tomorrow I will start making lists of all the things we need to pack. I try to keep my lists in categories and fill one entire category before going on to the next. Seems to keep my brain in better order.
We have a rather busy weekend before we leave, with a baby shower Saturday morning, family party in Livermore Saturday afternoon/night and then a busy day on Sunday... which is why I'm trying to get most of this stuff done now.

We're planning to leave the cell phones and laptops here at home, so it will also be a quiet week (on our side) in the blog world. I'm looking forward to it. :)
Jason is thoroughly looking forward to
NO work; no freelance work and no "real" work. I think he's going to enjoy this vacation the most, since he needs it the most.

I have no idea if I'll blog on here again before we leave, so just in case I don't... have a wonderful week!

See you on the flip side.

Comments

Amber said…
I noticed from an email from mom to me in regards to Thanksgiving that you guys won't be there...how sad. Are you at the Arnold's? Have a great time on your trip!
Trisha said…
Have fun on your trip! Mom told me that the Arnold's won't be doing Thanksgiving - where will you guys be?
Stef said…
Thanks guys.

Mom is correct... we will be spending Thanksgiving with the Arnold/Pytlik side this year. We change off every other year and last year we spent it with the Betti/Schafer side here in Brentwood. I'm sure we'll drop in at mom and dad's on our way out of town, so we'll probably still see you all!

Not sure which Arnolds Trish is referring to. Jason and I aren't hosting this year. We'll be in Livermore, with the Arnold Sr's and extended family.
jillyco said…
I posted on your jastef blog already , but I'll say it again...have a wonderful and blessed vacation. :)
Stef said…
thanks Jill. You're so awesome - you visit BOTH our websites? There's dedication. :)

We'll post pictures at our jastef site when we return.
laura said…
Hope you guys have an awesome, relaxing time!! The weather should be really nice this time of year.

I'll miss your blog while you're gone though. I check both daily...whatever shall I do? :-)
Stef said…
haha... something tells me you'll survive. :)
Looks like the weather is gearing up to be very nice! Have a great week!
jillyco said…
I posted on your jastef blog already , but I'll say it again...have a wonderful and blessed vacation. :)
Stef said…
haha... something tells me you'll survive. :)
Looks like the weather is gearing up to be very nice! Have a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

keeping the sickies away

Blog Giveaway!!