because its cute

Ethan would like another brother or sister, very badly. Its something he's desired before even Mommy did. ;-)
We get some strange looks/comments when we tell people that we'd love to have another child. You know, we apparently have what people think is the "perfect family" (one boy, one girl) and so why have more?! Yeah....

So Ethan has been known to say some cute things in his prayers over the past several months when he asks Jesus to "put a baby in Mommy's tummy". The other night we finished reading a book and he was starting at my stomach. I asked him what he was thinking and he said, "Mommy? If I kiss your tummy, will a baby grow in it?" I told him that only God can put a baby there and that he needs to be patient and enjoy Rachel in the meantime. He followed that up "Well... I think if Daddy kisses your tummy and then I pray for it, a baby will be in there."

Don't you love the mind of a two year old?!

Comments

Krista said…
He knows Daddy is involved somehow! Haha! :) I can't wait for the cute comments stage.
Gina said…
Oh SO cute! I even had to share this one with John. :-)
Stef said…
I thought so too. He often tells me that if we have another baby, he will "be the goodest boy for 5 days". :)
Makes me sad though... there's nothing I can do! I figure this is a learning process for him. We've been trying to teach him about prayer and that sometimes God answers right away and sometimes... it takes longer than you hoped. I think he's kind of getting it. :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

keeping the sickies away

Blog Giveaway!!