re-doing the tagging :)

I was telling Jason today that I can never think of weird quirks I have... on demand. Maybe that's a quirk in and of itself. :) I need time to think about it and then what ends up happening is, I realize my quirks as I catch myself in them. So, with a little of his help today and then just noticing stuff I do, here are better ones to prove how quirky I really am. :)


1. I have to turn all my dollar bills the same direction before handing money over to someone. I don't know if its from working at McDonald's years ago and learning to keep my drawer neat and tidy, but I simply HAVE to turn all the bills the same direction.

2. I mentally flip out if my email inbox has more than 5 unanswered emails in it. Hence the quick replies, people.

3. when I play the piano (even just for fun) I still set a timer. I think its habit from when I was little.


4. when I go to the bathroom, I stare at the tile floor and try to make pictures out of what I see. The floor has to be textured for it to work and anytime I see textured floors I will do this. Maybe this is why I take so long in the bathroom. :)

5. I am a major email and blog editor. I cannot stand realizing I've written something that makes no sense, misspelled a word or left out an important detail.

6. I cannot hold my kids on my left hip. I feel completely off balanced and worry that I'll fall over or drop them. I just realized it might be why my right arm is way stronger than my left. :)

Comments

I can only hold my kids on my right hip too!!!
Erin said…
The hip thing is funny. But the piano timer... that is hilarious. Like, you set it for 30 minutes & play the whole time?
Stef said…
Yes! Isn't that odd? I've even laughed while I'm doing it, but its like I can't practice/play the piano without a timer running. I'm smart enough to set it for 15 minutes at a time though. :)

Our piano also has a volume control, so I typically only play when the kids are either napping or preoccupied and won't need me. If they suddenly do need me, I pause the timer. Its really odd.
Ok, weird... I make out pictures on our bathroom floor too!!! Sometimes I see some great faces!
Stef said…
Oh yeah... I've seen the coolest faces in the floor! Last night, I swear I saw Saturn. It was so weird. I did this when I was in labor with Ethan and it was totally distracting.
Stef said…
Oh yeah... I've seen the coolest faces in the floor! Last night, I swear I saw Saturn. It was so weird. I did this when I was in labor with Ethan and it was totally distracting.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away