As I sit here...

I'm sitting here checking emails, replying to facebook posts, etc... and realized that as I'm typing away, I've got this little baby in my tummy just rolling around, having a party of her own. This is my 3rd pregnancy and yet the first child to really give us such fun shows to watch from our outside view! Just this week our baby has given us the most amazing sights of her hands and feet! Last night she stuck her foot out right near the top of my abdomen and I was able to see 3 toes, very clearly. It was one of the most awesome things, ever.

She moves a lot at night, but lately she's had days where she's active for about 20 minutes straight, every hour. Its been fun, but I think its wearing me out quite a bit. My Dr. said she's put on quite a bit of weight since my last appointment (as did I!) and so between growing so much and the moving so much, I'm feeling like I need a vacation. Rachel was napping the other day and so I asked Ethan if he wanted to cozy up on the couch and watch some Tom and Jerry with me... we got sheets and pillows, laid on the couch and within 2 minutes of the show, I was out cold. I woke up 2 hours later very thankful for a son who's not the type to get into things or tear apart the house when I'm not watching (quite opposite of his sister). When I asked him "what did you end up doing while Mommy was sleeping?" he replied with "I rubbed your back for a little bit and then went and did puzzles and then had some crackers." :)

Today after church I drove into Livermore to visit a friend of mine that I've not seen in about ten years! She lives in Chicago, but was here visiting for a friend's wedding and so I went to hang out with her for a couple hours. We had so much fun and it was a blast just seeing each other in person again. Good times...

Have a good week!

Comments

Emily said…
Whitney used to put on a show for us, too, and we loved it! And you're right, it does wear you out. Tell Ethan that I say he's such a good boy. He will be such a blessing with the new baby. Not that Rachel won't, but after hearing about how good he was yesterday, I know he will be great.
Stef said…
the nap was on Friday and it was sooo nice. :) I often times find that blogging about Ethan's good behavior is very helpful for me because at his age, its easy to focus on all the yucky parts of having a 3 year old. :)
He is such a joy to us though and we're so thankful to God for him!
Trisha said…
Who did you visit? I couldn't guess. :)
W and J said…
I love Ethan! Even though he was so groggy when we met. :) So adorable!
Stef said…
Jess - I felt so badly that you guys had to see him in his groggy state! Believe me, he's much more lively than that. :)

Trish - I went and visited Danielle Smith! We had a blast. I hung out with her and Judy and saw Christine as well... who drives by the way. I feel so old.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away