Hot summer days meets 3rd trimester...

I forgot how much I not only dislike these hot summer days, but how much I dislike them while pregnant. Its really not terrible, other than knowing that the minute you walk outside your nice, cool house, you will instantly sweat, your clothes will stick to every part of your body and (in my case) your stomach will feel like its swollen out to China.
I'm doing my best not to complain around the house to my family, so you're all getting it here. :)

Anyway, I'm in my 3rd trimester! I just realized it today... I think week 27 was technically the start of it, so I'm even farther than I thought! I know I say it so often, but its true... this pregnancy is going much faster than I thought it would. I have some days where I feel like its dragging on -- usually when I need a nap, dinner is late getting on the table and my legs are sore from standing on them all day. But all in all, its been going faster than even I'd like to see it go. I can't wait to meet our baby and I'm longing to smell her skin, kiss her face and start getting to know her personality outside of the womb, but I know I'll miss these pregnancy days. I love feeling her kick and squirm around, respond to Daddy's voice and his pulse (every time he touches my stomach, she kicks back). I love that she wiggles when either when of the kids come over and kiss my tummy and talk to her and I adore the alone time I get with her at night especially, when she's moving around and letting me know she's doing well.

I'm doing well. Just this week I started lap swimming every day and have really been enjoying that. Although, it was yet another reminder to me of how out-of-shape I am. Ug... first day I went, I did one lap (and not at a fast speed) and I was so out of breath when I got to the other end of the pool. So pathetic. I'm supposed to have my placenta checked at 32 weeks, but I think I'm going to see if they can wait until 36+ weeks, just so we don't have to have anymore ultra sounds than we need. I think I'm okay though, since I'm not showing any signs of still having the issue.

The baby's room is done and waiting for her. I have a few minor last minute touches here and there, but all the essentials are in place. The kids love going in there and talking about where their sister is going to sleep, looking at all her clothes and climbing in her car seat and bouncy seats. This is gonna be interesting...

Anyway... I don't have any recent pictures of just me and the tummy... but I'll post another one at 7 months.


Comments

Gina said…
Love the new layout! And yes, the 3rd trimester starts at 27 wks. :-)
Stef said…
Thanks! Cool, so I'm more ahead of the game than I thought. For some reason I was thinking the 3rd trimester didn't start until week 30 something. :)
W and J said…
I love the new layout too. :) Very chic meets very mama. What about pics of the room?? And I'll bet a nice quilt would be a good addition. ;)
Erin said…
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can barely swim one lap while pregnant!
Stef said…
Haha! Erin... its so true. I felt so wimpy and then the lifeguard reminding me I'm lugging an extra person along with me. :)
I've definitely improved over the last few days. Yesterday I swam for an hour and stopped only a couple times for water. Woo-hoo!! Maybe you and I make the same mistake of trying to do too much on the first swim?
Stef said…
Jess. I AM gonna do that quilt and you and Gretchen have to hold me to it. I can't let it go through one more child without being put together. It will be a funny story to tell her someday... the fabric that was supposed to go for Ethan's quilt and then Rachel's quilt became her quilt! I'm hoping the sewing class will help. :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away