July 14, 2006

Our sweet little Rachel turned 2 today! Amazing how fast her 2 years went by. She is getting SO big, I can't even tell you. Its sad and wonderful all at once, because its always hard to see our babies grow up, but its wonderful to see how God is blessing her development.

Two years ago my July 14th began at 3:40AM, when I woke up to one very strong contraction. I had been dealing with 2 weeks of false labor, but that contraction was different and definitely told me this time we were going somewhere. :)
We left for the hospital by 5:45, arrived at the Walnut Creek Kaiserat 6:45 and Rachel Kathryn was born at 9:55AM. It was an amazing birth experience... following Ethan's the year before, which was awful and something I often try not to remember.
I can't believe we'll be going down that road in just 2 1/2 months! I can't wait though!
We had a birthday party for her last night with my side of the family and some church friends and then Jason's side of the family and some friends come over for a party on Saturday. So this is technically her birthday week. :)

Here are some of our favorites from her birth pictures...


Just a few minutes old


Ethan sees his baby sister for the 1st time


His reaction was so sweet and loving


Great Gramma Nina meets her 2nd great Grandchild


Grandpa Ernie (Arnold)


Grandma Arnold


Daddy calms his girl down


Telling her how beautiful she is


Papa and Nana (Betti)

Comments

jillyco said…
Happy Birthday Rachel!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!!!
Stef said…
Thanks, Heady!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away