a little glimpse into his 3 year old mind :)

Ethan's prayer at the breakfast table this morning...

"Dear Jesus, thank you for my food and for Rachel's food. Please help us to obey You, Daddy and Mommy today. Please help me be kind when I want to be mean to Rachel.

Also... please help the baby to come out without hurting Mommy too much. Will you tell her to not to scratch Mommy or make Mommy cry? Can you make sure she doesn't think the world is scary when she comes out and that she likes her bedroom when she sees it? And please tell her when she sees me that I'm Ethan... her big brother. Amen."

Comments

Trisha said…
CUTENESS!! Loved that. Now I want to kiss his cute face! I love that he said "can you tell her I'm Ethan...her big brother" ADORABLE!


Sorry I really gushed here. :D
W and J said…
How precious is he?! So adorable. I don't think I'd be able to keep a straight and serious face at the table with a prayer like that! :D
W and J said…
How precious is he?! So adorable. I don't think I'd be able to keep a straight and serious face at the table with a prayer like that! :D
Stef said…
Jess, I didn't keep a straight face AT ALL. I tried so hard, but I had to turn away as he prayed. He keeps his eyes closed tightly, so thankfully he never sees us grinning all through his prayers. Then I had to run quickly and write it all down, because I hate forgetting parts or all of what he says. I keep notebooks handy throughout the house for stuff like this. :)

Trish... don't you love how he asks God to tell people things?! I get the biggest kick out of that. He's always praying things like "can you ask Mr. Rippee to preach about Moses next week?" etc... its super funny.

He is also very concerned that the baby will be born and not know who he is. When he talks to my tummy, he always says "Its me, Ethan. When you see me I will wave to you and you'll know who I am." Last week he went as far as to tell the baby what shirt he'd be wearing when she came out "look for my Lightening McQueen red shirt and I'm the boy wearing it." :)
How precious is he?! So adorable. I don't think I'd be able to keep a straight and serious face at the table with a prayer like that! :D

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away