1st due date has arrived

So today is my 1st due date and then October 2nd is my original one (and the one I believe is more accurate, but since the difference is only one week, I won't fuss too much).
I saw my OB this morning and she said everything looks fabulous. I brought Rachel with me and she got to turn the doppler on and put it on my tummy... she brought her baby doll with her and my OB let her listen to her baby's heart beat as well. Only thing is, Rachel's pretty smart and figured out quickly that her baby was missing something kind of important. :)

Its basically a waiting game from here on out. Labor is so mysterious, but I admit, its all part of the fun! The not knowing can be rough (especially with nights and nights of contractions, but no baby) but its getting us so excited to meet her and I think really helping me BE ready for the grand event.
I was happy to hear that I'm progressing quickly this time. My OB was telling me to have hope - she said that many women get induced at this point and within a couple hours, have their babies. So we're just waiting for those real contractions to set in and do their job and we'll be able to meet our sweet girl! We've been so thankful to have never had to be induced and never had to have a C-section. I think its something we took so lightly until watching many of my friends have to go down those paths. I need to be more thankful than I am.

Tomorrow (the 26th) is the date I've always dreamed she's born on. Since the day we found out I was pregnant, every dream I have, for some reason the 26th is the day she arrives. So for that reason, tomorrow would be super cool. :) I'm feeling good, so no complaints there. Night time is the most uncomfortable and lately I've hit that weird insomnia point where I wake up every hour and can't get back to sleep. Thankfully my body functions alright on very little sleep.

Anyhoo... we'll keep you posted! There's no Internet service in the hospital so we won't have immediate news to give you, but Jason will drop by the house when he can and post a quick announcement.

Comments

Krista said…
AH! Insomnia! I am having that right now too. Last night was the worst so far. No real reason, just kept waking up and being wide awake... Nick says this is God's way of making it seem easy once the baby comes, cause we'll probably get more sleep then!
Emily said…
I'm convinced God designed those multiple wakings to prepare your body for having a newborn who is hungry all night. =) Can't wait to hear the big news!
Stef said…
I completely agree with Nick.

I'm actually a huge fan of the night time feedings. Its when I find I get most of my bonding time in, good prayer time and just able to sit and reflect on God's goodness.
Maybe I'll feel differently when its our 3rd, but I hope not.
Jodi said…
How fun!! I think Monday'd be a good day - that's my Emily's birthday! Can't wait to hear that she has arrived!
Stef said…
I completely agree with Nick.

I'm actually a huge fan of the night time feedings. Its when I find I get most of my bonding time in, good prayer time and just able to sit and reflect on God's goodness.
Maybe I'll feel differently when its our 3rd, but I hope not.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away