let the cooking begin!!


I got up this morning feeling pretty good, so I decided today is going to be cooking day. My tummy has dropped (even more) and the baby hasn't been moving nearly as much, so maybe she's getting ready now. :)

I started off the morning making Spinach Lasagna and it looks so yummy... I want to eat it now! I'm making our favorite Mexican Chicken casserole next and then hoping to make a chicken pot pie later today. I'm still looking for where to find the puff pastry sheets. Does anyone know of a store that sells it?

Here's the recipe and I even found a picture!
I usually modify recipes to how we like to eat. I used whole grain noodles and then lots of my other ingredients were organic. It doesn't make a difference, so use whatever you like!

Ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten

1 container (16 oz.) 2% Milkfat Low Fat Cottage Cheese

1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained

3 cups 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese, divided

1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided

1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce, divided

9 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained

HEAT oven to 350°F. Mix eggs, cottage cheese, spinach, 2 cups mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan.

LAYER 1 cup spaghetti sauce, 3 lasagna noodles and 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture in 13x9-inch baking dish. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheeses.

BAKE 45 min. or until heated through. Let stand 10 min. before serving.

Comments

Erin said…
Stef - Buy puff pastry at any regular grocery store! It is in the dessert section of the freezer.
Stef said…
you would think! I checked 3 grocery stores already and they all said "we don't carry it". My friend told me to check Safeway and just after she emailed that to me, 3 other ladies said they've only ever found it at Safeway... and it figures, its the one place I've not tried. :)
Jessica said…
That's funny - I just tried to post a comment but I think you just posted yours...so it rejected mine:). haha. I was saying what a good mommy and wife you are that you are cooking! I only cleaned my house before my due date:). I will have to cook more next time. I also had a funny dream with you in it last night...we both went diving and had a really fun time! haha
Stef said…
Oh, no worries. I didn't do this when Ethan was born. Its much easier when its just the two of you. You may find it helpful when you have more though!
Anonymous said…
Hmm, sounds like your nesting!!! Can't wait to hear about your new daughter. She'll be here soon!!!
jillyco said…
Yummy! Thanks for the recipe! Did you ever find the puff pastry dough?
This recipe looks delicious! I will make it this week!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away