Figuring things out

Ethan loves to help me when I change Kara's diaper, give her a bath or feed her. He likes to make sure she's comfortable and happy, all the time.
Today he went to take her dirty diaper to the garbage and on his way out of the room, he turned and said...

"Mommy, I'm the man who takes the garbage out."
I replied with "So, you're the garbage man?"
"No, not the garbage man... just the man who takes the garbage out. What do you call them again?"
"Ummm... the recycling man?"
"No. Not that. You know how Daddy takes out the garbage for you? Well... what do you call him?"
"My helper?"
No... when you got married, what did he become to you?"
"Oh! My husband?"
"Yes! Your husband!"
"And you know, God created them to help their ladies and take out the garbage."
So I asked him... "What do you think God created the ladies for?"
"Ummmm... so you could take care of Daddy and have all the babies and cook yummy food and, to give lots of hugs and kisses to the kids."

Comments

Melissa Joy said…
I'm so excited for the day when Gabriel comes up with adorable things like that.
How sweet! And it's wonderful that you write these things down, to look back on.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away