Juggling

Life around here has been amazingly wonderful, strangely not very different and very busy, all at the same time. I think having 3 kids has been a ton easier than I ever (ever) thought it would be. I now know to listen more to people that have been through it, rather than strangers in the stores with no kids, warning me about my 3. :)
Kara is getting so big, so fast. It makes me sad... you all know by now how much I hate seeing my kids grow past stages in life. Its always bittersweet for me. The newborn days end way too quickly. I've decided that to be very true. She's still doing all the newborn things and loves to be cuddled for hours on end, kissed all over her face and she adores the bath.
I think the only difference with Kara's birth than our other kids is that there's more people in the house, fighting over who gets to hold her. Ethan loves to talk to her and calm her down when she's crying and Rachel just loves holding her and kissing the top of her head. I love the sweet, squeaky voice Rachel gets when she talks to her. She also copies me when she's talking to Kara. The other day I heard her over at Kara's bassinet saying "Its okay, Kawa... Mommy's here!" :)

So life has been very busy. And I'm not finding a ton of time to blog... so sad, I know.
I think any time we add a child to our family its a bit of a juggling act for a while. Learning how to keep our days organized, when to fit special time in for each child, coordinating naps with all 3 kids and making sure Jason and I get our time in with each other. Not to mention chores and regular organization around the house. I'm one of those weird people that loves the challenge, so for me its been quite fun.
I've had a lot of people ask "are you so exhausted?!" and I honestly have to answer that I'm not. I find the last feeding of the night (before I go to bed) at midnight to be the hardest. Because it usually hits me then and there how long the day has been and how short the night time is. Kara is usually a great sleeper and gives me 3-4 hours between feedings at night, so I've got a lot to be thankful for. I know it could be worse... I remember Rachel's baby days all too well. ;-)

The next couple of weeks should be lots of fun, with "harvest" outings. This is probably my most favorite time of year and I love sharing it with the kids, the older they get. Ethan remembers the pumpkin patch from last year and cannot wait to go this year.
I hope you're all having a wonderful week!

Comments

Erin said…
I love the fall season, too. It seems it is most people's favorite. Everyone seems to be saying that right now!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away