teaching her little sister...

I was hoping to capture a picture of this, but couldn't find the camera. So I'll try to lay it out for you to give you a mental picture.

Kara is laying in her seat on the floor. Rachel is organizing every Bible she and Ethan own around the seat. She has each Bible open and standing up, facing Kara. She's being very diligent to make sure they are all spaced perfectly apart and that they're all perfectly facing Kara.
After she's done she gets her chair and plops it in a gap between the books, also facing Kara. She sits down and begins....

"In da beginning, God made the whole world! For you, Kawa. Did you know that? He did.
Da Bible says "God made the world and sent His only Son." And now I will teach you "Jesus wubs me, this I know."

So she sings the song for her, mixing it up with two other songs we sing at church. :)
And then she continues...

"God wubs Kawa Joy and sent His only Son to die for her. And then... the whale ate Jonah! But it wasn't scary because Daddy only showed me it on Veggie Tales."

She gets up and begins to clean up the Bibles, as if her lesson is over. She's walking away to put the Bibles in the basket and says, "Oh, Kawa... don't pick your nose because Mommy says "its gwoss."

Comments

Brooke said…
that is so precious! Made me cry. I love seeing those moments with my kids, too :).
Maritez said…
That story is adorable! Congratulations on Kara's arrival. She is SO precious! Take care & hope to see you back at CBS soon?...well, maybe not for brunch this week...ooh, we'll miss your casserole ;) Relax, and enjoy that little gift as much as you can!
Jessica said…
Oh I love it! We can't wait to come see you! I'll have to come soon!
Anonymous said…
Stef, God has given your children such soft hearts toward the Lord! What blessings you have!!! :)
Oh, Kara is absolutely beautiful!
Stef said…
Hey Maritez! I need to find your blog next. :)

I'm hoping to see you all on Wednesday, but playing it by ear at this point.
I signed up for bagels and cream cheese this month, so the casserole won't be until next month. :)
Gina said…
What an awesome moment! Very sweet--hope that memory sticks for a while even without a photo. :-)
Maritez said…
Hi Stef...see you found me...YAY! Sure, link away :D
W and J said…
Ahhhh! I love it! :P So cute!! How are you getting along healing wise?
Stef said…
I'm healing fabulously, actually! This has been the best labor healing process for me so far. So I'm thankful for that.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away