weekend reflection

I can't believe Kara is 2 weeks old already! Its funny how the last several weeks of pregnancy d-r-a-g on and then once the baby's born, time flies like crazy.
She's doing really well, getting bigger by the day. Unfortunately (for me) her sleeping has been a bit off these days. She's been going 4-5 hours between feedings during the day and then wants to eat and play all night. I didn't mind it for the first couple of days, but by yesterday, it was all catching up to me... in a bad way. So today I've been waking her up every 2 hours for a feeding and then trying to play with her more to keep her awake. Hoping that will all help.

My parents rang in their 32nd wedding Anniversary yesterday by taking our kids to Marine World! They've been wanting to spend a day there with them all summer and sadly, this was the first time they were able to take them (our fault, not theirs). The kids had a blast! Ethan rode on some new rides, being quite the big boy and told me he was "only a little bit scared on the boat ride." While the kids were with my parents, Jason, Kara and I ventured into Livermore for a fun filled day with friends and family. We started off the morning having breakfast with some friends we haven't seen in such a long time, then went to lunch with Jason's Grandma Elsie, went to Jason's parents house so Aunt Jenny could meet her new niece and then ended the day with some shopping and alone time, just the 3 of us. Our friend from Seattle spent the night at our house Saturday night and so the guys ended the night in style, playing Mario Kart on the Wii.

Today was quite relaxing. After church (and an amazing sermon from Isaiah 32) we had a yummy lunch and then took fabulous naps. As I mentioned above, I'm not getting a lot of sleep these days, so the nap was just what I needed.

I can't tell you how much we're all enjoying Kara and the added blessing she is to our family. I wish these new baby days would last forever. She is becoming quite alert these days and responding to voices and Mommy's face and smell. :)
I love the night time feedings where the two of us can spend alone time together, bonding and getting to know one another better. I love the hours of cuddle time and watching Ethan and Rachel enjoying their roles as big brother and sister. They are so in love with her and I get the biggest kick out of the way they're so sweet and tender with her.

So a new week is here and October is almost over... I'm still in shock over this one.
Hope you all have a great week!

Comments

Maritez said…
I love reading how much you are embracing your moments with Kara...even the nighttime feedings, I had such a hard time with those. It's so great that you are cherishing them.
Stef said…
Oh, thanks Maritez. I've always enjoyed that part of babyhood, but I think I enjoy it more after each child. :)
Krista said…
Yay for 2 week old babies! I can't believe how time is flying either... when you are feeling more rested we need to get our families together!
Stef said…
Yes! Great idea. She slept fabulous last night, so I'm hoping my "training" is paying off. We'll see how tonight goes. :)
Gina said…
I like how you added nurse to your blog title. :-)
Stef said…
Yes! Great idea. She slept fabulous last night, so I'm hoping my "training" is paying off. We'll see how tonight goes. :)
Stef said…
Oh, thanks Maritez. I've always enjoyed that part of babyhood, but I think I enjoy it more after each child. :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away