My Eyes are Dry

I love Keith Green. I love his music, I love the relationship he had with God. I love his passion in his music. I love playing his music on the piano. Last night I was thinking over a lot of things, feeling very prayerful and serious and this song came to my mind. This song always reminds me of the grace I have in God; the hope I have in Him. I love the closing line "please wash me a new, in the wine of Your blood."

My eyes are dry, my faith is old. My heart is hard, my prayers are cold.
And I know how I ought to be, alive to You and dead to me.

Oh, what can be done for an old heart like mine, soften it up with oil and wine.
The oil is You, Your spirit of love. Please wash me a new, in the wine of Your blood.

Comments

Erin said…
I LOVE this song, and Keith Green's music & testimony. You've read Melody's book about him, right? Good.
Stef said…
Yes! I love that book. She wrote another follow-up book about 10 years later, but I can't seem to find it.
Anonymous said…
I love Keith Green too! Such powerful songs. My favorite one is To Obey is Better Than Sacrifice.
Erin said…
I LOVE this song, and Keith Green's music & testimony. You've read Melody's book about him, right? Good.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away