A new year begins...

Happy New Year, fellow bloggers! I always love the start of a new year. Sometimes its been because the previous year wasn't so great... I cannot say that for 2008. It was a pretty great year all around. We feel so blessed and so ready to see what God has in store for us this year.

We had a nice holiday week and have been enjoying Jason's time off work. He doesn't go back until the 5th, so we've got fun plans to look forward to for the rest of the weekend.
New Year's Eve was a lot of fun! Our friends Abe and Jess Green came over with their little 2 year old son, Chase. The kids had a lot of fun with Chase (and boy, has he grown since we last saw him!) coupled with the typical toddler banter over who gets what toy, wrestling like Kung Fu Panda and deciding where each child would sleep and bed time and nap time. They have spent the last 3 New Year's with us and it gets better every year! We've known Abe and Jess since our single days and I have to say, we have more fun as married couples with kids. I wonder if our kids make us more fun. :)
My sister Emily and her friend Anna spend the night over here as well and then went to breakfast with us this morning. Good times.

So the house is quiet, the kids are in bed and tomorrow is already January 2nd. I'm amazed. I can already tell this year is going to fly by just as fast, if not faster than last year. I can't believe I'm already getting the plans for Ethan's 4th birthday in order. Didn't I just do this for his 3rd birthday?! On Saturday Kara will be 3 months old (wow) and Rahel is officially 2 1/2 this month (??!!)

Hope you all had fabulous celebrations!

Comments

Amy said…
Isn't it amazing how fast the time goes by, here's to having a wonderful 2009! I am glad you guys had such a great New Years.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away