because it was so encouraging

I love seeing God at work in His people. Its especially encouraging to me when we see God shining so brightly through His people when they're in deep trials. This update from Ryan was really very encouraging to me, so I wanted to post it here.

__________________

I just spent the last few minutes reading through all of the responses and all I can think right now is that I am a blessed man with so many family and friends. To think of all of the people praying for my daughter brings a hope to my heart, because I know we have a Father in heaven who hears the prayers of His children and delights to answer them.

As you can well imagine, these past few days have been a jumble of emotions and fears. And as I have fought these feelings of helplessness, it has driven me to the One who holds all things in His hand, the Creator and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I was reading Philippians 4 earlier today and had to preach this passage to my own heart, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let you requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

And in verse 8, I was reminded to meditate, not on all of the "what if's" but on what is true and honorable and just and pure and commendable. And what is true is that I have a Savior who is sitting at the right hand of the Father interceding on my behalf and He will never let me go. And though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, He is with me, for He is the Great Shepherd of His sheep.

Driving back and forth from the hospital, I was listening to a number of songs on my Ipod and in God's providence, I was blessed by an old hymn from by Samuel Rodigast.

Whate’er my God ordains is right, Holy His will abideth.
I will be still whate’er He does, And follow where He guideth.
He is my God, Though dark my road.
He holds me that I shall not fall Wherefore to Him I leave it all

Whate’er my God ordains is right, He never will deceive me
He leads me by the proper path, I know He will not leave me
I take, content, What He hath sent
His hand can turn my griefs away And patiently I wait His day

Whate’er my God ordains is right, Though now this cup in drinking
May bitter seem to my faint heart, I take it all unshrinking
My God is true, Each morn anew
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart And pain and sorrow shall depart

Whate’er my God ordains is right, Here shall my stand be taken
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, Yet I am not forsaken
My Father’s care Is round me there
He holds me that I shall not fall And so to Him I leave it all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away