update

(this message is from Ainsley's Mom, Jen)

I appreciate all of the messages that were posted! I sure love our church family- past and present! I know you all truly do care and are coming before God in prayer for our needs. Right now I feel calm. My heart is heavy and I tear up a lot, but I don't feel despair or overwhelming anxiety. I am trying to live in "today" and trust that God's word is true when he promises his strength for "now". Ainsley is doing well. Because her heart condition was discovered before she became symptomatic, her vitals are doing well. This is good going into surgery. We're so thankful that she had that appointment with the cardiologist. We see that as something to thank God for. Right now her pressures are lower on her lower extremities because of the decreased blood supply coming out of the heart. Because of this the doctors don't want her to take anything by mouth before surgery, because it could potentially cause issues with her intestinal tract (because of the decreased blood supply to the intestines). They've put her on TPN which is basically food by IV. Of course this doesn't fill up her stomach, so she's been a little fussy wanting food. She been sucking the life out of her pacifier! But I can't complain. She's doing fine. I've been able to hold her several times, and Ryan held her last night for a couple of hours. We know that after surgery it will be a long while before we'll be able to hold her, so we're just enjoying it while we can. The nursing staff in the NICU here are very kind and caring. I've stayed the last two nights in a parent sleep room with 6 other parents. Tomorrow we'll get to finally talk to the surgeon, so I'll have some more specific information about the surgery. I've got to go because there's a line of people waiting to get on the computer!

-Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away