5 months (last week)

I am still in shock that my baby is 5 months old already. I confess I'm secretly wishing she won't be on track with typical development so that I can have her be my baby for a super long time. :-)
She's turning into Miss Personality and its been quite fun to see her new phase of life. She's getting herself settled into a very nice routine; taking 2 short naps (one in the morning, one just after dinner) and then a nice long 3 hour nap in the afternoon. She still rolls everywhere and crawls up-si-down, which is so funny to watch.

She is starting to smile at pretty much anyone who talks sweetly to her and smiles at her, though she's very aware of strange faces. I love seeing her look at someone she knows isn't Mommy and Daddy and then she searches the room for where we are, looking very concerned until she spots us.
At this age, everyone except Daddy and Mommy are strangers, so don't be offended if she does this with you. :-)

She loves to stand. Our other kids did not like to stand up so much at this age, but Kara adores it. If you hold onto her hands she will stand for a lengthy amount of time, jumping up and down the whole time. Cracks me up. I think she's very eager to start playing with her brother and sister. She's always watching them with such delight.

Other news.
We're still nursing!! I am so excited about this! Many of you know I didn't nurse Ethan or Rachel passed 2 1/2 months (for various issues) and so getting to month 5 with Kara is huge... to say the least. I love nursing. I love the strong bond its given the two of us, I love the way I see it benefiting her and I get the biggest kick out of my husband being so proud of me for sticking out some of those rough weeks, during growth spurts and such.
She started eating baby food last week and has done great with it! I was actually amazed at how well she did on her first try. I want to say maybe one bite came back out of her mouth - for the most part, the food went in and she swallowed! I couldn't get over the big grin on her face the entire time. She loves it. Her meals consist of smashed peas and steamed sweet potatoes. So exciting. :)

I did find the most amazing baby website and wanted to share. I do make my own baby food and it is time consuming (if you do it the right way, to keep nutrients and such IN the food) so I've been buying THIS stuff, for days when we're on the go, in a hurry or Mommy just wants a break. I'm a huge fan.

We just can't get enough of our little sweetie-poo (as Ethan calls her). She brings so much joy to all of us. The kids aren't tired of her yet. Every day they are so amazed at something new "their" baby can do. Its very cute to see how excited they get every time she rolls over. Ethan tells me "Mommy! You should write about this in your notebook for Kara!" (the journal I keep for her). He's such a proud big brother.
Jason says, probably twice a day, "I can't believe how big she's getting. I want her to stay a baby forever." and I concur. Seeing her grow so fast is very bitter-sweet. And we know God will probably bless us with more babies, its just kind of sad when each one grows out of this cute, tiny stage and onto more independence.
I cannot believe my next post on Kara will be in a few weeks when she is 6 months old. It truly amazes me.

Comments

Krista said…
Doesn't time fly? Elena is getting big all of the sudden, it is weird.
Stef said…
Yes. This is that stage where they suddenly start doing all these new big girl things!
Andrea said…
So...did I miss it? What was the website you referenced? We are still nursing and we make most all of our baby food too.
Stef said…
Oh, did you click on the word "this" ?? If you click on it, its a hyper link and will take you to the actual website I'm referring to. :)
I realized after writing this post that some of you have no idea why I'm so excited to (still) be nursing. I only nursed Ethan and Rachel 8 and 12 weeks, due to various issues and so with Kara, this feels like quite a triumph. I wanted to make it 6 months (hopefully more) and so this is quite thrilling to be almost there and going strong! :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away