Resurrection Sunday

We had a fabulous Easter! Thankfully everyone was healthy enough for us to really enjoy the day, however, Kara came down with pink eye late last night. It looked okay this morning, but as the day wore on, its gotten really bad. I'm going to pick her eye medicine tomorrow and hopefully that will get rid of it quickly.

We went to church this morning for breakfast and then got to hear the kid's choir sing for us -- so cute! I love seeing all the kids in their Easter best and hearing them belt out praises to God is so awesome.
After church we went to my parents house, along with my older sister and her family. I am SO thankful to my parents for the generosity they give to us all each holiday; for the love they have for their kids and Grand kids and the memories they're helping us make. Its always so fun going to Papa and Nana's house and being together as a family, celebrating Christ! The kids had a blast this year. We have a Resurrection Day egg set (for hunting) and the kids loved it. As you find the eggs you open them up and there's a trinket inside that goes with the story of Jesus' birth, death, resurrection and ascension. The kids enjoyed it last year, but this year it was like it really clicked. Rachel keeps telling me about the "cwown of thones that was on Jesus's head" and how "He's in Heaven now, wif God!" So cute.

Anyway, hope you all had a very blessed day. Once again, I have a lot of pictures to post and I promise to do so asap. :-)

Comments

Stef said…
correction here: apparently the resurrection eggs do not tell about Jesus' birth. My kids misunderstood the blanket that they wrapped Jesus' body in (for the grave) as the cloth he was wrapped in, in the manger :)
My mistake.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away