heard from Rachel

Rachel has been going through, what I hope is just a phase that needs extra attention and care. She has become very bossy, very sassy and extremely dramatic. We've been dealing with those issues and its starting to be obvious in what she says...

this morning she was singing to her dolls: "its the end of the world as we know it!" Then I asked her "Rachel, why are you singing that?" and she said, "that's what my Daddy sings to me when I'm frowing a fit."

"you have to speak before you listen, Efan."

"I can't figure out life, Mom." -- she woke me up this morning with that one!

We saw a little boy at the store, throwing a fit over not getting a toy and Rachel says (to his mom) "he needs to go to his room until he can have a happy attitude!"
Thankfully the mom died laughing and took it well. I reassured her that Rachel only knows about that from personal experience. :)

I was nursing Kara the other day and Rachel really wanted me to color with her. I told her "you need to wait until I'm finished feeding Kara and her reply was "Its not all about you, Kara."

Something I've learned during these days of nursing. When either one of the kids complain that Kara needs me and if they get upset that she takes my time away from them, when she needs to eat... the lesson they've learned is, their next meal or snack time gets pushed off an entire hour. When they complain, I tell them "I can't make you lunch and spend time with Daddy, so I guess you don't get to eat." It worked once on Ethan and he's never complained since... Rachel isn't such a fast learner.

Comments

Gina said…
Oh my--she's come up with some good ones! Do write them down--they'll be a day she can appreciate them. :-) And hang in there...it's a season, even if no one can tell you how long of a season. :-) Consistency will help you weather it. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away