Mother's Day

I cannot believe another Mother's Day has come and now gone. I enjoyed a very nice Mother's Day and especially enjoyed the cute things my kids said to me and asked me. I think the holidays are getting way more fun, the older they get. I plan on reliving my childhood through each one of my kids. :)
We didn't do anything spectacular today; we don't exchange gifts between Jason and me or the kids and me. Its just something personal we've decided not to do for our own reasons.
I enjoyed the time I had yesterday and today to spend time reflecting on God's goodness to me in my roles as wife and Mommy. Each year that passes, the importance and weight of those roles becomes more evident and more rewarding to me. The challenges are still there (harder than they used to be) and the rewards are there - but more rewarding than before. Each year I can see new things God has taught me about my husband, new things He's taught me about each of my children and new things He's taught me about my Mom... in my journey of being a Mom, I am able to appreciate and love her more than ever before, understanding just a bit more of her love, devotion and sacrifices for me.

In all the "reflecting" I did, it ended up pointing me back to the love my Savior has for me. The great sacrifice He paid on my behalf and the way He cares for me, protects me, guides me and helps me grow in His grace. It was a good time of prayer and reflection. I'm excited about this coming year and seeing the new things I learn and the things God will use to teach me how to better my skill as wife and Mommy.

My favorite Mother's Day moments:

Jason and Ethan went out to run errands yesterday and Jason told me "every time we got out of the car or got back in the car, Ethan would say "We need to remember to buy Mommy some flowers!" So sure enough... he walked in the front door and I heard "Close your eyes, Mommy! I have a surprise for you!" When I asked him later why he wanted to get me flowers he replied with: "Because they make you feel special and I love you."

This morning, from Rachel: "Happy Muvers day, Mommy!"
"Thank you, Rache!"
She gives me a BIG hug and kisses my cheek... "today you're a Mommy!"
Ethan wakes up with: "Mommy! Today is Mother's Day! Do you know what it means for you?"
"What does it mean, buddy?"
"It means everyone calls you Mommy and tells you they love you, all-day-long." :)

We took the kids on an evening walk tonight and just before leaving Ethan runs to me and hugs my neck and says "Did we have a good Mother's Day for you?"
"Yes, I had the BEST Mother's Day - thank you!"
"Good. Tomorrow will be another Mother's Day for you, because you're the most best Mom."

As I'm kissing Rachel good night, she whispers to me... "Happy Muvers day, Mom." I kissed her again and said "Thank you, my girl. I love being your Mom." and before closing her eyes she replied with "yeah... thanks for being my Mom and for wearing make-up."

I laughed out loud at that one. :-)

Comments

jillyco said…
hahaha! So sweet...love the makeup comment! :)
Stef said…
I know... I seriously laughed out loud when she said it. :)
I'm lol'ing now b/c you and I are playing "website tag" :)
jillyco said…
hahaha! So sweet...love the makeup comment! :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away