perspective

  • the lawn mower broke, so the lawn has grown as high as Ethan's waist
  • the carpet is so stained, I've stopped trying to clean it.
  • the grout on the kitchen floor drives me insane. I can't remember its original color, but I pretend it was always a nice, chocolate brown.
  • I shaved Ethan's head for him (his new favorite cut) and made some mess-ups, but haven't had time to fix them... a week ago.
  • finally trimmed Kara's fingernails, after getting an awful scratch from her on my neck. Hey! when there's no dirt under them, I forget.
  • needed to wash the van SO badly, God sent rain.
  • did I forget to brush my teeth today?
  • the garage still looks like we're moving in... not sure that will ever change.
  • I have episodes of FRIENDS and the Office memorized, yet struggle to retain a few Bible verses.
  • still learning how to speak as sweetly to my kids as I do to my friends when they call.
  • If I was as faithful with working out as I was with checking Facebook and blogs... I'd be paper thin.

Note to self: continue waking up every morning thankful to God for His rich mercies.

The lawn is over grown? It only means we have lawn to mow.
The carpet is dirty? Means its carpet and not dirt.
The grout drives me nuts? how shallow can I be?
The 4 year old doesn't look perfect? He hasn't noticed.
The baby hasn't been groomed properly? Yeah... not so good.
The van was dirty? We have a car.
The teeth haven't been brushed today? being so busy means I'm not confined to a hospital bed.
The garage is so full it looks like we've not unpacked? Means we have an over abundance of things. *thinks of those who have nothing*
The brain can retain entire episodes of shows? Its working then, right?
The soft answer and sweet speech isn't flowing out as much as I'd like it to? I have a family that I'm able to practice using the grace God's giving me on.
The world wide web keeps me busy looking into my friend's lives? I have friends.

When I sit and write in my journals, a lot of my entries look like this. Sometimes I love to write out what's bothering me, what needs "fixing" and what I'd like to change. Then, I'll go back and write answers to them, like I did here. To put myself in proper perspective. So what typically starts as a complaining entry, turns into praise to God. He has been so good to me. I rejoice in knowing He gives me what I need, when I need it. He's not trying to play tricks on me... He cares for me more than I care for myself... which is amazing in and of itself.

Thank You, Lord for giving me these reminders of who You are!

Comments

G. said…
I needed a litte dose of perspective myself. Thanks for the encouragement.
Gina said…
I like this post--great perspective!
Jason said…
You can check lawn height off the list :)
Stef said…
I know... super exciting to have it looking nice again!! <3
Amber said…
Love it...enough said!

Although...I'd have to agree with ya on the Fb & Blog thing I too would would paper thin;)
big hair betty said…
I agree, great post! Thanks!
big hair betty said…
I agree, great post! Thanks!
Amber said…
Love it...enough said!

Although...I'd have to agree with ya on the Fb & Blog thing I too would would paper thin;)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

keeping the sickies away

Blog Giveaway!!