I love him. But the One who gave him to me, I adore.

May I take some time to publicly adore my husband? Thanks. Glad you don't mind.
I won't go on and on, I promise.

I am so thankful for the man I married. So thankful for who he was the day I married him and who he's become over the past 5+ years we've been married. The husband and Father he's grown into; the leader, the protector and provider for our family. He does his job so well and makes it look so enjoyable. His goal in life is to bring glory to God with his life, to serve God with all his being and to enjoy his family. Its not to be a big wig, to be wealthy, to be famous, or even to be a high up person in the church... just to be a man of God, a faithful husband and a Dad who thoroughly enjoys each one of his children.

He's been spending the past couple of months eagerly trying to land a good, solid and stable job. It hasn't been easy, many doors have been shut, some windows opened, but never windows he felt God was leading him through and yet, he plugs away. I love that the kids and I come first in his life (aside from God of course) and that he would never even consider a job that would continually keep him away from us; more than the typical 8+ hours a day. Its so tempting these days - those jobs tend to be the big money jobs.

I just love him.

We went to a wedding this past weekend and I was able to reflect as I heard the wedding vows being spoken, as I saw the commitment being made and the love between bride & groom. I felt so happy for the two being united, but almost felt sorry for them at the same time - it will be several years before they realize just how deep their love for each other goes! When I see couples celebrating their 20th, 30th and 40th+ wedding anniversaries, I stop and think "Jason and I must seem like newlyweds to them! We must make them giggle when they see how we're just getting started; how they can understand how much we have to learn about each other, even still!"

Then I realized, its that giddy wedding bliss that is so precious and so important. The smile you can't wipe off your face, the kisses you can't stop giving because you waited so long for them, the arms wrapped around each other, for fear that you might wake up and realize it was all a good dream... its that love you want to hold onto. That adoration and total awe of each other. That feeling of "he/she chose ME." That desire to never be apart and that oneness that makes the rest of the world seem like delicate air you can float away on.

It was that single fact that made me smile so much at the wedding. Realizing that 5 1/2 years, 3 kids and a mortgage later... I still get weak in the knees for my man. I still get jealous for his time, I still love spending time with him more than my extended family or friends, he's still the most important human being to me, he's still my true love and soul mate and we still have that romantic, even spontaneous passion, so many "older" couples told us we'd lose after having the first baby.

And then, as much as I wanted to give all this credit to my husband and love of my life... I remembered, it belongs to God. He is the Giver of all good gifts. Even our amazing spouses and adorable kids. He is the one who cares for me and loves me SO deeply, that He would give me such a tender, wonderful, passionate relationship with my best friend. God's abundant gifts are overflowing in my life....

.... And all 4 of them have completely stolen my heart.

Comments

Gina said…
What a great post Stef! I can relate. :-) Marriage certainly is a wonderful gift from God. I too was blessed in that area of my life. :-)
This was beautiful! Thanks :)
Jessica said…
Thanks for sharing. I often "gush" about Sam to people at work and around me. I know they must get tired of how I am always saying how wonderful he is - but I can't help it. He still makes me ramble on about him just because he is so amazing and I love him so much. But I also see God's hand directly influencing him - and that makes him even more desirable after these 8 years of knowing each other and 5 years of marriage.
W and J said…
heehee...I must be still considered a newlywed with only 2 years with William, but I totally know what you mean. My love & passion for him has definitely deepened since our wedding day & I just can't get enough of that guy!! I'm often in awe at just how good God was in selecting William for me....a huge gift that I definitely don't deserve & can never repay. And with my pregnancy hormones, it makes happy tears & gushing emotions ;)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away