leaving you hanging

I'm sorry for not posting an update on Kara's pre-op consultation last week.
Everything went well (except for actually finding the building we needed to be in!) and the surgeon said that yes, at this point, they will only be putting tubes in her ears. He showed us the tubes (even tinier than Ethan's!) and said the whole process takes about 30 minutes, and then when you had about 30 to prep and then an hour in recovery... it won't be bad at all. She does not have to be given an IV or put under the way Ethan did - they will use gas and she will be asleep for about an hour. He said she should wake up and feel groggy for about 8 hours, but with the help of Tylenol, she'll be fine within 24 hours. We haven't received a call about a surgery date, so he gave me a number to call today to get that set up.

We ended up having a lovely time in SF after her appointment. Took the kids to their favorite dinner spot down on Chesnut Street (by my Grandma's old house) and had a blast going into all the little shops (especially Giggle!) and just spending time as a family.

Friday the kids and I drove down to San Jose to visit my friends Erin and Julie and to see Julie's new handsome baby, Leo. We had a lot of fun, but the time passes too quickly. :(

The weekend was nice and calm. No major plans to go anywhere or do anything. My parents took E&R to the park after breakfast, along with 4 of their other cousins, Jason and I painted our desks for the office. I recently bought my parents old hutch/desk and it was just a light, honey colored wood, so I did some accent color on it and then left the actual desk part the natural wood. I'm gonna post a picture when we get a camera, because I'm quite proud of this first, non wall, painting project. :)
Lunch at my parents house after church, followed by an evening spent with our friend Peter.

It was a nice, calm and quiet weekend.

Comments

Gina said…
The details of the surgery sound pretty good actually. That has to help you feel better. :-) Can't wait to see the desk--sounds great! Are you still wrapping up that camera/insurance issue?
Stef said…
Yes! We're getting the camera issues worked out. So excited to have one back!!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away