the hippo and the mouse

I took the kids to a fun park in Los Gatos, close to the house where I grew up. We've been there before and the kids very much remembered the park, so they were thrilled when we arrived.
We met up with a good friend of mine and her little boy. My friend is 38 weeks pregnant and Ethan got a big kick out of seeing her tummy.

On our way home this is what he said to me... "Mommy, when you were pregnant with Kara you looked like a big hippo. But after she was born, now you look like a tiny, little mouse."

I decided to take it all as a compliment. Even the first part. :)

Comments

Erin said…
That is pretty much hilarious!
Krista said…
I love it! And hey, from Hippo to Mouse is pretty amazing, good for you! ;)
Stef said…
See, Krista, that's how I took it! I love how he can be so rude, with such a straight, sincere face :)
shaneeckert said…
Hey - so this is where you blog now.
Nini said…
Ha! This is awesome! I wouldn't mind the going from a hippo to a mouse. After all...cartoon drawings of hippos are usually really cute anyway!!
Stef said…
that is true, Nikki.
Gina said…
Too funny! Is that what they call a backhanded compliment? Or does there need to be some malice in the message? I know Ethan meant it in the best of ways! :-)
Stef said…
omg... I thought Nikki said that comment to me, but it was Nini. I am _so_ tired today.

Anyway, so true, Nini :)
Stef said…
oh, he always says this stuff with such sweetness and sincerity in his voice. that's the hard part!
Stef said…
oh, he always says this stuff with such sweetness and sincerity in his voice. that's the hard part!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away