in his honor...

My husband turns 28 today. Its probably not as amazing to most of you as it is to me. When I met him, he was about to turn 13 and so for me, 28 seems SO old! I can't believe we're both getting so close to our 30's (me sooner than him, of course).

I just want to wish my love a happy birthday. I love you so much, Jase. Thank you for being the man of our house, the guider, leader, protector, provider, play mate & friend to our kids, my best friend and right hand man. We could not live with out you and thank God for you every day!

I'm excited to celebrate this birthday. Mainly because its his first birthday where its just us, with no family... so I've done my best to really play up the day and fill it with lots of fun. The kids and I have planned a fun treasure hunt - at the end of the hunt we have a big surprise waiting for him.
But also because I love any reason to "celebrate" him and to teach our kids how to express on days like this, how much we love Daddy. We always tell him "thank you for going to work for us every day" and they thank him after he takes us out to eat, or out for a fun outing... buts not every day we celebrate Daddy. So I love days like Father's day and his birthday. Maybe we should have a day dedicated to them once a month!
Today's birthday menu is french toast, eggs and bacon for breakfast- followed by a treasure hunt with gifts (the kids made the clues and they are so funny!) tortilla soup for lunch, followed by a chocolate fudge pie by for dessert (our Daddy is not a fan of cake, so we made pie).
Since his work schedule is 3-11pm, we're going to party hard until 2:30 :)

I think he is an incredibly godly, mature, amazing man for his young age of 28. I'm very blessed to be his wife.

Happy 28th, my Love.

Comments

Gina said…
What a wonderful tribute! Have a great day together!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away