Obessive

I love when my kids use big words. But I really love when they use them properly. It makes me laugh and then it makes them feel so big and grown up when I congratulate them.
Today, Rachel's word was "obsessive" and she used it properly.

"Mommy... can I get this chapstick for Jenna?"
"No... I don't think her mommy will want her to have chapstick. You girls are too little for chapstick."
"But, I think Jenna really wants me to get her some for Christmas!"
"Rachel, I said no, so you need to obey me and move on."
"I just think she really wants some and NEEDS some. I think her mommy wants her to have some too."
"Rachel Kathryn. What did I say to you? Maybe we should find Jenna something different for Christmas."
"But... it was the chapstick that she NEEDS."
"No, Rachel. We're not going to talk about it anymore"

So she stopped talking about it, but sulked for the rest of our shopping trip.
We got home and I was taking the bags into the house and Rachel was following behind me and said- "Mommy, I'm sorry for being obsessive about wanting to buy Jenna something for Christmas."

I laughed so hard. My coffee came out of my mouth.

Comments

Erin said…
That is too funny!! I love it!
Is chapstick not for babies? I let my kids use it. Uh oh.
So, I saw your twitter feed here. Who's blog is annoying you? :)
Stef said…
Haha! I don't let Rachel use it because she eat most of it, instead of wearing it. Plus, I have a hard time seeing the "need" for her to wear it.

The blog comment on twitter was in reference to a very (very) liberal friend of mine. I guess I should just stop reading what his posts :(
Krista said…
Oh man, this sounds like a conversation I would have with Elijah. He too, is just *slightly* obsessive. Haha!
Gina said…
Too cute! Our kids use chapstick--but only with permission and that usually only happens in winter with colds. :-)
Krista said…
Oh man, this sounds like a conversation I would have with Elijah. He too, is just *slightly* obsessive. Haha!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away