our 1st

This was our first Christmas, just the 5 of us... all day long. Jason and I commented throughout the day to each other, how surprised we were at how much we enjoyed it and didn't feel homesick. That's not to say we didn't miss our family, because we did... but God really blessed today and gave us so much joy in each other. I must say, it is different (in a good way) to be able to celebrate in just the way we wanted to. To be able to have specific conversation with our kids during dinner, to be able just lay around and fully enjoy one another. It was blissful.

Speaking of bliss, we did enjoy a very fun filled evening at our friends the Bliss's house tonight! We went over after dinner and played games, sang karaoke, ate too many sweets and just had fun lounging around and talking. Good times. The Brinks, Vieiras and Haidles joined us - great night. (for those of you who don't know, these are all people J and I have known about 15 years and they happen to live up here already).

The kids had a great Christmas; opened a lot of fun, creative gifts this year - we scored them lots of gifts that will keep them very entertained through the following winter months. Such as play dough, Doug & Melissa art easel with art supplies (thanks to my parents!), coloring books galore, doll house, a play kitchen set with dishes and food, etc... They shouldn't be using the word "bored" any time soon.

My Christmas menu turned out wonderful! The cranberry pear chicken was to DIE for and the sweet potato casserole was the perfect compliment for it. We all loved it so much, its been decided that it will be our Christmas meal, from here on out. After dinner we took advantage of the lovely weather and went for a walk around our neighborhood. I love hearing Kara "oooo" and "awwww" at all the Christmas lights - she gets very excited when she sees anything light up or sparkle.

I uploaded pictures, but they're below this post. I posted each event in order... as they happened. I also know its a lot of pictures. Since our families don't live near us anymore, I'm doing my best to make sure they get their fill. And, it might shock you, but these aren't even ALL the ones we took :)

We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Looking forward to ringing in the New Year next week and excited to see what God has in store for us in 2010.

Blessings to you all

Comments

Emily said…
You got some fantastic pictures, Stef! This was our 4th Christmas away from family, and this was the first year I wasn't homesick. I didn't even really miss anyone! I was totally content in my home with my family, and I am glad of that. Ethan is losing his baby face. Rachel is beautiful! And I really think that Kara looks like Trisha's Emma! They are all too cute! Merry Christmas, and thanks for posting all the pictures!
Stef said…
Thanks, Em! Ethan is losing his baby face and it makes me so sad to see. I see it when I look through your pictures; Whitney suddenly looks so very grown up.

I'm glad you had a good Christmas! It was nice not to be homesick all day; I really worried that I would feel that way on Christmas Day. God is so good!
Melissa Joy said…
can you share the cranberry pear chicken recipe??? :)
Emily said…
You got some fantastic pictures, Stef! This was our 4th Christmas away from family, and this was the first year I wasn't homesick. I didn't even really miss anyone! I was totally content in my home with my family, and I am glad of that. Ethan is losing his baby face. Rachel is beautiful! And I really think that Kara looks like Trisha's Emma! They are all too cute! Merry Christmas, and thanks for posting all the pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away