Tuesday's Thoughts


What I'm thinking: About simplifying my life. Not because its necessarily "godly" but because it will help ME to personally focus on what's important. 


What I'm reading: I didn't do any reading outside from my Bible this week. I read Genesis 3, many of the Psalms & Proverbs, 2 Corinthians, Job, Romans 8&9 and Hebrews. Yep. I was all over the Bible ! 

What I'm listening to:
 watching 24 with Jase. I've found this is the best time to do my "Tuesday's Thoughts" 
(okay, now you all know the show is officially boring to me) 

What we're learning:
 This week I feel like we learned SO much as a couple, in so many different areas. Great things. Our kids learned about hide-and-seek in the dark (so fun) and Ethan is learning how to add. He's having fun making a game out of it; constantly asking us "If I gave you these 4 things and took away 1, then how many are left?!" Very cute. 
What I'm watching: 24 right now. I rented Anne of Green Gables (the animated version) for the kids, off Netflix. They loved it. 
What's cooking: Dinner for tomorrow is already ready and tonight we had a casual evening and ate Grilled cheese with ham sandwiches. *yum*

What I'm buying:
 Diapers :) Its all we need right now. 

What I'm wearing:
 pj's - the best outfit ever. 

What I'm thankful for:
 a home, running (warm) water, clothes, a faithful, godly husband, 3 healthy kids, a car, health insurance, friends, a God centered church, phone service, and so much more that this list would be way too long. I'm thankful to have a list that's way too long :) 

What I'm creating:
 this list :) 

What I'm praying:
 For the people in Haiti, churches who are sending people over to help, my pregnant friends, my cousin who just had surgery, my son who's about to turn 5 -- and though he brings me great joy, is also a continual source of God bringing sanctification in my life :) 

What I'm planning:
 I'm really trying to spend a very minimal amount of money on groceries this month - trying to see how low I can go, so I'm trying to get creative with my grocery/menu planning list. 

What I'm looking forward to:
 I'm actually really looking forward to Easter. Every year these holidays become more and more exciting, the older our kids get. Ethan is especially looking forward to Easter, as he's been learning about Jesus' birth and resurrection and how important they are. 

Comments

shaneeckert said…
These are neat. Why Tuesday thoughts?
Stef said…
Haha! I saw your first comment, Shane. Nice :)

I have a friend who does Monday Musings and I love reading them... but Jason has Monday off and we're usually too busy for me to be blogging. So I decided to do Tuesdays Thoughts. You don't really want to hear what I'm thinking every day of the week... trust me :)
Charlotte said…
Love this! Isn't it the truth that through our children and through our training (and failing!) of them, God sanctifies us? Have a great week!
shaneeckert said…
I copied you. :-)

http://norcalfam.blogspot.com/2010/01/tuesdays-thoughts.html
Stef said…
haha! Way to go! I think they're super fun to read.
Stef said…
haha! Way to go! I think they're super fun to read.
shan33ckert said…
I copied you. :-)

http://norcalfam.blogspot.com/2010/01/tuesdays-thoughts.html
Stef said…
Haha! I saw your first comment, Shane. Nice :)

I have a friend who does Monday Musings and I love reading them... but Jason has Monday off and we're usually too busy for me to be blogging. So I decided to do Tuesdays Thoughts. You don't really want to hear what I'm thinking every day of the week... trust me :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away