he might be growing...

In the past 2 days Ethan has been eating like I've never seen him eat before. No joke.

Yesterday he woke up and said he felt like he was going to throw up. He never did actually throw up, but put himself back to bed and didn't get up until 2pm. When he woke up he said he was dreaming about eggs, with cheese, with onions mixed in.
So I made him some.
He asked for 2 pieces of toast.
I made him 1 piece, just so we didn't waste food.
He ate that one piece in about 30 seconds and asked for the 2nd piece.
Ate the 2nd one just as fast.
Finished the eggs and began talking about tacos and burritos and how I used to make those a lot in California and haven't made ANY since we moved to Washington (not exactly correct, but I think I've only made them twice since we moved here).
So I got out the lb of ground beef and cooked it and made him a BIG (and I do mean big) burrito.
I stuffed it with the meat, cheese, rice, tomatoes and zucchini.
He ate the burrito in about 5 minutes.
Began talking about the orange chicken at Panda Express.
I remembered I have a recipe for the spicy orange sauce and offered to make it for him today.
He went to bed last night telling me I didn't feed him enough food that day.
Woke up this morning and had breakfast with Daddy.
As soon as he saw me get out of bed, he reminded me about the orange chicken.
for lunch he had about 4 fish sticks (and these are the big fillet ones from Costco)
then asked for a salad with tomatoes
then had some fruit
then had some tater tots
I made the spicy orange chicken and mixed in some veggies with it. He ate it ALL.
Asked for yogurt.
now he's talking about how I should make a pizza or bbq something for dinner.
He's also requested that I make a pie or something like that for dessert. Cookies aren't cutting it, apparently.
Soon we will have NO food left in the house. Good thing I'm going grocery shopping next week!

I feel like I'm living out The Very Hungry Caterpillar book.

Comments

wedogmomma said…
I LOVE the hungry caterpillar reference...and one night soon he'll cocoon and overnight he'll breakout as the young adult he's eating like!

It really happens like this Stef. BOYS! I tell ya! Gina can probably attest to that fact!
Somedays I'm MORE exasperated by having to feed them non-stop than by any mis-behaviors! Pfffft!
Charlotte said…
Oh my I totally know what that is like! My boy eats a ton and now that he is 13, eats sometimes more than James and I combined! The girls are big eaters too.....most nights we polish off a 13x9 casserole, salad, bread and perhaps a vegetable to go with it.

Love the Hungry Caterpillar Story!!
Stef said…
oh, great. So you guys are telling me this is just the beginning?! :-) You would think eating a whole 9x13 casserole dish wouldn't surprise me since I used to cook for a family of 7... but its amazing how quickly we forget!
We can live off a 9x13 dish of food for about 2-3 dinners and 2-3 lunch servings for Jason. Wow...
I need to enjoy and appreciate these days while they're here :)
Emily said…
Ha ha! You have a boy! =) Love it!
Gina said…
Great book reference. I'd say it's safe to say he's gonna wake up a week from now and his pants will be too short. :-) Do appreciate the days of food lasting. Once the growth kicks in, there will be no such thing as left overs--we almost never have any! I dread the teen years--which will be upon us sooner than I'd like to admit. But thankfully, the eating (outside of growth spurts) gradually increases. Those spurt binges are crazy though! :-)
Stef said…
I always remember the first year we were married, I made WAY too much food for us, all the time. We were constantly inviting friends over to help us eat :)
Now I'm so used to making a dish for one dinner, that essentially lasts 2-3 dinners and I've forgotten what its like to have to make 7 dinners a week! I DO need to enjoy these days while they're here :)
W and J said…
Oh my word!! I didn't think they ate like this until they were teenagers. I guess I'm wrong!! :) I love how he's requesting, guess it makes your food menu easier to make!
Stef said…
Jess, get ready! before long Ezra will be doing the same things :)
Jessica said…
Oh my word!! I didn't think they ate like this until they were teenagers. I guess I'm wrong!! :) I love how he's requesting, guess it makes your food menu easier to make!
Gina said…
Great book reference. I'd say it's safe to say he's gonna wake up a week from now and his pants will be too short. :-) Do appreciate the days of food lasting. Once the growth kicks in, there will be no such thing as left overs--we almost never have any! I dread the teen years--which will be upon us sooner than I'd like to admit. But thankfully, the eating (outside of growth spurts) gradually increases. Those spurt binges are crazy though! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away