Ideas...

I'm working on our Easter Sunday food menu... and I'm coming up with boring, too traditional things to make. I'd like to try some new things. Oh, I've never made deviled eggs! Maybe this should be my year for debuting those to my family. All these things I have to think of now that we aren't going to my parents house :(
 My Mom always makes the holidays amazing; lots of yummy food {we always brought something to share, but she made most of the delicacies} cozy, fun, relaxed atmosphere; good times. We miss my parents so much on the holidays. But I don't want to get all weepy here, so I'll refrain.
I'm hoping my guests feel the same way at our house this year, but I've learned that providing such a relaxed, cozy and fun atmosphere does take a bit of time and planning ahead. I'm going to work on decorating a nice table for the adults and a fun table for the kids. I even thought about doing a table cloth for the kids out of white paper and giving each of them some crayons to use while they eat. Maybe it will be more of a mess in the end? I don't know... it sounds like it would be something fun for them.
We're going to have honey baked ham. Its simply a must. And I like making this yummy, bright colored cabbage salad that my Mom makes and I guess I've decided to do deviled eggs!

 Do any of you have anymore food ideas? My friend is bringing strawberry short cake for dessert, so we have that covered. I know several of you are good, creative thinkers when it comes to food, so please share!

Comments

Cindy Marsch said…
Resurrection Rolls! We have these on Easter morning, which means they're also appetizers while we're getting the Easter dinner ready to go after church. :-)

Take thawed frozen bread dough (we use Rhodes dinner rolls) and wrap it around and pinch it closed to enclose individual marshmallows with each bit of dough (we usually get two out of a standard large roll). Dip the dough-wrapped marshmallows in melted butter and place them into a glass baking dish. Refrigerate and then let rise for an hour or so before baking. Bake at 400 degrees until brown on top, probably about ten to fifteen minutes.

When you pull out the rolls they will be hollow, like the empty tomb, with lovely gooey syrup underneath. They've been a family Easter tradition with us for decades!
Stef said…
Cindy, that sounds like such a fun idea, as well as yummy! Thank you :)
Erin said…
I always think of springy bright flavors for Easter. Herbs, leeks, lemons, berries... Shortcake is something we often have for Easter. Yum!
Here are some springy things I am making today - Cheddar Dill Scones
http://www.landolakes.com/mealideas/ViewRecipePrint.cfm?RecipeID=3939F
& Potato Leek Soup
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/printerfriendly/Leek-Potato-and-Tarragon-Soup-107909
Both are pretty easy & quick.
Stef said…
Erin, I love the idea of soup! I hadn't thought of soup and it sounds like it would go really well with ham.
Thanks!!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away