Tuesday's Tidbits... on Wednesday

Sorry these are a day late. Not sure it will bother too many of you. 
Life has been picking up in pace these days, as we get more involved at church and make lots of new friends. We were out until 9:30 last night and working out took precedence over posting :) 


What I'm thinking: about the rest of this week/end. Its packed full of fun things to do in celebrating Christ's resurrection, but in the midst of all of that, I've got lots of cooking/planning to do for Sunday! 

What I'm reading: this week it was just my Bible. I read quite a bit through the OT and then in Luke & Hebrews.   


What kid quote made me laugh: when I saw that Kara had taken ALL the toilet paper off the roll, I said "who did this?" and she quickly grabbed at her belly button and said "bewy button did" :) 


What we're learning: giving a kind answer when harsh words are spoken to us: we've been talking a lot with this kids about the importance of not lashing back when someone is rude/mean to you. 


What I'm watching: we bought Alice in Wonderland at Costco yesterday and the kids are watching it now.  


What's cooking: Chicken Enchiladas  


What 's something fun we did over the weekend:  we had a very mellow weekend... Kara has not been sleeping well at all (which means we haven't either) and we thought maybe she needed her crib back, because she wakes up at random times throughout the night and wants to play. We figured out last night that she's actually rolling off the bed and that's what's waking her up :) So we put one side of her bed against a wall and she slept marvelously! Anyway, lots of fun family time this weekend. 


What I'm wearing: running pants with pink sweat shirt. 


What I'm thankful for: our church & the friends we're making there. it would take a whole post to tell you how blessed we've been at our church. God is so good! 


What I'm creating: I have a favor to ask from some of YOU creative people out there. I would like to add or exchange of few of these questions for some new ones. Any ideas you have? Any questions you'd like me to answer every week? Feel free.I'm going to keep asking this until one of you thinks of something :) 


What I'm praying: that God's praise and acceptance of me would be far more important to me than my fellow man's.


What I'm planning: Easter weekend :) 


What I'm looking forward to: we have lots of fun parties, egg hunts and plans with friends this week, so I'm looking forward to those. 





Comments

LindaFaye said…
bewy button. too cute! kids say the greatest things.
Stef said…
I laughed so hard when she said it, but I think I laughed harder at how quick she came up with the idea to blame her belly button :)
Charlotte said…
I loved what you said, 'that God's praise and acceptance of me would be far more important to me than my fellow man's'. Great reminder Stef, to not be striving after 'man's empty praise'. And I am thinking about other questions you can ask yourself....
Stef said…
Thanks Charlotte!! I'm having a hard time coming up with new questions too, so no worries :)

Its something I've struggled with too much of my life and God has really been reminding me lately that its all between Him and me. At the end of the day, its HIS glory I'm concerned with and HIS praise I desire - no one else. Our society tells us much differently...

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away