Favorite things...

 These are just a few of my favorite things, around my house. Things (and people) I thank God for daily. Things I so often take for granted. 

I'd love to see what your favorite things/people are, but I don't want to make any of you feel obligated to do this. Which is why I didn't tag any of you in this post.  I had some time and thought this would be fun, so if you do as well, please share! I'm not into photo editing {because I have no idea what I'm doing} so I know for some of you, this would mean hours and hours of time you don't have. I just ran around the house and snapped a few of my favorite spots, views, things and, of course, people. I also wanted you to get a real glimpse into our home, so I purposefully (as you can see) didn't go around cleaning each room before taking the pictures. 

Even if you just share a couple pix, it would be fun to have that glimpse into your life.
If you do share and don't mind me doing so, I'd love to link to your "favorite things" post! So be sure to let me know if I can and I will! 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   * 


 my kitchen 
I spend about 85% of my day in here. 
**
 the maid who deep cleans my dishes for me. 
**

the phone
never have we been so thankful for our telephone, until we moved so many miles away from our family and friends in CA. 
** 

for my pantry 
what did we ever do without these?? 
**

my work station 
this is where it all happens folks. 
 **
my Bibles, my lifeline
the small one comes with me wherever I go, the big one is the one I use at home.
**

Messy Rooms
they're evidence of 3 very happy, healthy children in my home. 
**

Lego airplanes
someday our son will be grown up and out of the house and I won't be stepping on these toys everywhere I go. Something tells me I'll miss them. 
**
 entry way window view 
** 

The Entry Way
what greets us every time we walk in the front door. 
**

faithful reminders...
I found these wall stickers at Target and this one is on our dining room wall. We love it.
**

the laundry service
it keeps our clothes so clean and fresh. 
**

the microwave & oven team
without them, we'd probably eat cold food. 
**
the views throughout the day from my kitchen window.

**

I do love Spring. Even the wacky weather that comes with it :) 
 ** 
my big red purse
I bought this purse when I was shopping with my Mom, about 2 weeks before we moved. I'm not sure I'll ever get rid of it, since I have such fond memories of the day it became mine.

I also do love Costco
** 
 front door view
**

 the way Kara adores Ethan and the way Ethan loves Kara. 

 the way Kara looks in Rachel's apron. 

 my Rachel girl and her funky bed head :-) 

**

my piano and shelves with family pictures
**
my relax plaque. Because sometimes I need this reminder.
**

 my husband, my love
this obviously isn't taken at our home, or taken today, like the rest of the pictures... but its one of my favorites of him.
** 
our new {larger} coffee table from IKEA. Best $32.00 we've ever spent.
**

 the van 
I'm not sure I realize how thankful I am for our cars, until something happens to one of them :) 
**
the sunset out our living room window...
**

Comments

wedogmomma said…
Ah Stef...I LOVED looking around your house! Made me feel like I made a little visit! We have some very similar items in our house...some exact ones in fact...like the A "as for me and my house..." near your piano :D
I tell ya, knit together ;)
I'd have similar pics of the Lego creations/messes...as well as the 'workspace' Though mine are all packed into my parent's house right now ;)
I think I'll do this post when and if we get a new house. That will be fun!
Until then, thanks for letting me stop by!
Unknown said…
Thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful place and beautiful people live there.

I would like a cup of tea please.
Flourishing said…
You are so neat and organized!
Stef said…
Rebecca, you're way too kind! I was so proud of myself when I took these because I didn't clean up a thing. I told Jason "they're probably going to say 'um... you need to get off the computer and clean up your house' :)
Thank you for the compliment though!

I'm glad you girls liked this post. I had SO much fun taking these and putting the post together. There are many of you whose homes I've never been to, since you either moved since I moved or we all just live too far away from each other (and some homes I wish I could go back to and visit my friends!) so I thought these would be fun to share and we could "virtually" visit each other :)
Gina said…
You guys have great window views from the house! And I love your fireplace! Very nice--all of it. Love the glimpse into your heart/life. :-) Can't be sure I'll have time to do the same, but if I do, I'll let you know. :-)
Stef said…
Gina, I don't know if you remember this or not, but about a year or so ago, you did a post of pictures around your house. I think you tagged me in it, but Kara had just been born (I think) and I just never got around to it. I loved that post and its what got me thinking to do this one!
Stef said…
Nikki, my sister bought us that "A" for Christmas after we got married. I love it!
~ Kristen said…
Love this, how fun I'll share some too. What a fun idea. Thanks for sharing you things.
Stef said…
also, for those of you who want to participate, I'm going to be posting YOUR favorite things link on my website on May 5th. So if you want to share yours with me, it will be posted then!
Charlotte said…
I loved, loved, loved this! Don't ever think you posted too many pictures either. Your house is beautiful! And you didn't pick up before the pics?!? Your house is really organized. Hmmm, if I took a shot right now there would be dollhouse stuff all over the living room, books on the table, shoes in a pile by the door...we do clean up but at intervals through the day. And one is due in about a half hour! :-)
I WILL post a 'Favorite Things..' and I will try to make it an accurate portrayal of my home. (and I'll try to do it before the 5th.)
Thanks Stef for letting us see inside the A home!
Stef said…
I'm so glad you guys liked this one and even more glad some of you have already emailed me your links!! This is going to be super fun.

Charlotte, it was SO hard for me NOT to clean up around the house before taking these, but I really wanted to give an honest portrayal of our home, as it was and for me, I actually find comfort in seeing their toys on the floor, little lego creations of Ethan's and such in rooms I enter. I'm not a fan of them on the floor, since I end up stepping on them... but this too shall pass :)
I won't act ignorant to the fact that I am organized. It used to be a huge issue with me; something I needed to let go of and be OK with losing control a bit in that area. Thankfully marriage and 3 kids later, God has taught me to do just that - let go and enjoy the messes and chaos every now and again. But as far as closets, pantries, shelves and storage in general, I do keep it very, very organized. My husband says it helps our lives flow smoother and I think I'd agree :)

Thanks!
Jenney said…
My tiny kitchen would be green all over if it had to visit yours. But I'm thankful to have food to eat and a kitchen for cooking it. Now if I can just get unpacked and find the dishes!
Stef said…
you should have seen my last kitchen, Jen! Lets just say it was big enough for 2 people... if even that.
Charlotte said…
OK Stef, my post is up about my fav things in my house. Thanks for the inspiration!
Stef said…
yay! I'll link to it in my May 5th post. I'm gonna go take a looksie!
Jane said…
That was fun--because I felt like I was there, and I could hear the sound of the kids and see all the views from the windows!
Also tell Ethan I love those shorts-they are cool! and I loved the picture of the 3 on the steps over on your sidebar!
Stef said…
Thanks, Mom! I told Ethan and he went and set them aside and said he'll bring them CA for our visit :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away