Mercer Island...

We love Mercer Island. Its not a place I'd want to live -- too many older, retired people that wouldn't be thrilled with their island being taken over by large(r) families. Also, since its very close to Seattle and on a private island, it would be a poor use of our money to rent/own a home there. But its an awesome place to visit! Its very quaint and modern at the same time. Lots of fun shops, places to eat {um, can we say Noah's Bagels!?!?} and some of the best parks around! My favorite thing about the island is that pretty much wherever you are, you've got an amazing view of Lake Washington. Its breath taking in the stormy or sunny weather.

Yesterday we headed out for bagels and coffee and then went to Luther Burbank Park {on the island} before Jase headed off to work. It was the perfect park weather, not too warm, not too cool and we had a great time exploring some new trails and fun spots we had never been to before.

I know its a lot of pictures and I know some of you could care less about so much detail. But we have family members that hear about these places over the phone and I know they'd greatly appreciate seeing them in pictures :) This first post will be pictures of us on the playground and the next set below this will be of us enjoying the beauty around the lake and the trails.





I love this brick building.



you can go in these tunnels and shoot out the other end and some of them take you up top. Very fun place to play hide-and-go-seek! 

we love the BIG slides




this is a fort you can go into where there's a look out area (again, great spot when you're hiding from someone)
Ethan says these are guns, used to shoot the enemy before he sees you :) 

Rachel, coming up from one of the tunnels ....

the next post has the rest of the pictures!

Comments

Krista said…
Looks like another awesome park! Are there just fun parks around every corner up there or what??
Sarah Moulton said…
beautiful. I think i have mentioned to you before that my husband lived up there through his high school years and LOVED it! He would love to live there again. I woudl be fine if with it if we had a reason to move there but right now he has a good job and my family is so close. Your pictures make me dream about all the fun things we could do though...
Stef said…
On Mercer Island, yes :)

We've found several awesome parks where we live and also Bellevue has some really cool, unusual ones. There are way more parks than what we're used to in Brentwood, but I imagine you guys have a lot where you live??
Sarah Moulton said…
ughh sorry it posted by moulton photo. I am working on starting a new blog and so it signed me in that way...
Sarah Moulton
Stef said…
Yes, Sarah, you did tell me that! That's so cool. I love finding people who grew up here or at least used to live here. We absolutely LOVE it here, truly. Its been one of those life changes that's very rough because we definitely miss people in CA, but we are so thankful for God moving us here (for so many different reasons) its hard to feel sad about it. Plus, its only a 12+ hour drive from our family to here, which isn't bad at all. Moving to like the East Coast would've been very difficult.
Stef said…
haha, no worries! I also just noticed you posted 2, nice LONG posts!!!!!
W and J said…
Wow! What an awesome park!! Lots of fun things! And, oh my word! Ethan looks so much older in his face!
Stef said…
I know... don't remind me, Jess :)
Erin said…
No we do not have totally awesome playgrounds like that here. Not one! This park looks so fun. I want to play there.
Stef said…
That totally surprises me! I would've thought the Santa Cruz area would have lots of amazing parks. Hmmm... Brentwood sure didn't, but it was such a new/remodeled town it wasn't really shocking. They just have a bunch of typical playgrounds you'd see anywhere else. I'm a fan of the old, cool ones :)
Like Oak Meadow and Vasona!!
Moulton Photo said…
ughh sorry it posted by moulton photo. I am working on starting a new blog and so it signed me in that way...
Sarah Moulton

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away