I heart blogs

I have many reasons for why I love "mommy" blogs, but lately the #1 reason would be, many of us are in the same time of life and experiencing very similar things with our kids! Its so funny to me when I see posts some of you ladies write and I'm LOL and nodding my head in total agreement. Sometimes I'll say to Jason "its like we all live so far from each other, but our days are so similar!"

 Kara has entered what already feels like the "terrible two's" {even though I detest that term} and she's not yet 20 months old! She's into everything. And I do mean everything. Jason learned a bit of what my days look like, when I was sick this past weekend and stayed either in bed or on the couch most of the weekend. He would come give me these looks like "my goodness, I can't believe you do this every.single.day" - and I know he was thinking it, because he said it on a couple occasions :)
He did a fabulous job! Several times I came down stairs {out of hibernation} the house looked so clean, the kids were dressed and busy doing something other than watching TV, and they were fed and happy.
Anyway, Kara... she climbs on everything. Has NO fear of heights, no concept of "danger" and enjoys giving us the thrill of a lifetime. I think she mostly just enjoys seeing my reaction when I walk into the room and find her in the sink, or on top of her very high dresser, or climbing the bookshelves.
She has a thing for bathrooms. When we go to people's homes, I have to first go and shut their bathroom doors, so that we don't find her in there, playing in the toilet, or worse, dipping their toothbrushes IN the toilet water and then brushing her teeth with it. People often comment on how she must get sick a lot, but I have a feeling she'll be the healthiest one! Okay, so I know you ladies will appreciate this and if I have any male readers... I'm sorry.

 The other day I was looking all over the house for her, calling out her name, checking each room and starting to panic. Ethan then said "I think she might be in your closet! Sometimes she hides in there when you call her." So I went straight for my closet and sure enough, there she was. Sitting on my floor, with my sanitary pads stuck all over her body. Then I noticed each one of her dolls had them on their bodies, like diapers. I kid you not... I laughed harder than I've laughed in a very long time. Why I didn't get a picture of it, I have no idea. It was hysterical. She looked super guilty and then she pointed to each one and said "Potty, Mommy... Tara potty." {Tara is how she says her name}.
I had to just laugh, tell her "no touch", clean up the mess and move on. It was pretty funny though and made very little mess ;-)
And so for this reason (and many others) I really do "heart" your blogs. Its fun to read about your adventures and to be able to laugh along with you girls and share in these glimpses of your lives. 

Some pictures of our climber girl, who wishes it were bath time all day long. 

Comments

Jenney said…
Jed is my only child to be "terrible two" and it isn't that he's so terrible, but that he's INTO everything. He can't stop moving, can't stop climbing, has no volume control and loves noisy things. He's sweet and cute and funny, and actually is pretty compliant, but he just has to get into stuff, preferably breakable, fall-off-able, or poisonous stuff!

I can't wait to see what these two will be like in another year, when they've matured. How much is a stage, and how much is just personality? We'll find out!
Flourishing said…
I hear ya! Sounds like yours and mine little Z would make quite the pair!
Stef said…
Same here, Jen. I've never liked the term, but I do have some friends that swear it happens to their kids. They'll tell you that right around the age of two, they literally became terrible. Who knows...
Gina said…
Boy, she's gonna keep you on your toes! She's super adventurous! Still super cute though--dangerous combo. :-) Hopefully she'll calm down a bit as she ages and does understand "danger" a bit. :-) Love that she was in the sink. :-) Sonja already climbs quite a bit. I love to watch her wheels turn while she does it--but she's ahead of the boys, who never climbed this early. It does make me wonder...
Stef said…
Gina, my girls have been way more active and into things than Ethan ever was. We've never worried when we walk out of a room, leaving Ethan in it. The girls, however? We'd never dare let them play anywhere without our supervision :)
Its why when people go on and on about how life with boys is so hectic, I scratch my head in confusion...
Volkov Family said…
I hear ya! Sounds like yours and mine little Z would make quite the pair!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away