the last 2 weeks, in pictures


I've never liked the term "when Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy" and yet I do believe a similar phrase would be true when Moms are sick. I've never actually heard this phrase, but I think it would go something like this "when Mama is sick, life gets put on hold." Its the case in our family anyway. So since I've had what feels like a horrid sinus infection {and yes, I did cave, called my Dr. and will be getting meds soon} we've done a lot of stuff just around the house. Playing with toys that I put away months ago - so glad that I can pull them out of the closet and use them for times such as these. Its been yucky being sick, but I've really enjoyed the down time with Jason and the kids. We've had a few days where we don't get out of pjs and a few days where all we do is play, bake yummy treats and watch movies. 

like this day - Rachel and I made some very yummy chocolate, chocolate chip cookies {my mouth is watering just thinking of them} and we thoroughly enjoyed licking the beaters clean when we were done.
yep. its a chocolate smiley.
oh! Kara did surprise us all by learning how to put her shoes on, all by herself! 

we played Pictureka. Such a fun game, but I must say, we dumb it down quite a bit when Rachel plays with us. Its right at Ethan's age level {and he loves the game!} but when Rachel plays with us, we turn it into a basic "find that picture" game.

I love the excitement when their hard work pays off :) 

Kara found the little massage tool and made sure Mommy was quite comfortable while playing. 

and it was quite comfortable.

Every so often, we had a Princess join us for lunch.
okay, this happens all the time, not just when I'm sick. 

and this one is just because we think she's pretty cute. 

Ethan took this one and asked me to post it. He said his "goal" was trying to capture what little kids feel like on rainy days, when they want to go out to play, but are stuck inside the house. I think his creativity with the camera is starting to make me think he's onto something...

Comments

shaneeckert said…
I miss our our DSLR. As soon as things shape up, gotta get one again. The Droid 5MP is nice, but not the same by a long shot.
Gina said…
I love Ethan's creativity! I'll be interested to see where it takes him. :-) Kara is getting so big! And she can put her own shoes on--my goodness! Too fast, I tell ya, too fast!
laura said…
Chocolate smiley faces! So cute! :) (also - look! I'm commenting!)

I cannot get over how much hair Rachel has - or how big Kara is! Wow...we miss you guys so much!

also - Jenna loved these pictures. She keeps asking to see the pictures of "Baby Kara" again. :)
jillyco said…
Great pictures Stef...your blog is beautiful. :)
Charlotte said…
Your kiddos are so cute! Hope you are feeling better soon.
Stef said…
Shane - awesome camera. I'm lost without it. We're saving up to buy the better lens though.

Gina, I love it too! I'm dying to see if it turns into something more. Ethan acts like he's complete when he has the camera around his neck :)

Laura - you commented!!! I think I just saw a pig fly across the sky ;) Rachel has a ton of hair. Its insane. But Jason and I have very thick hair, so its no wonder. Ethan inherited Jason's Dad's straight, fine hair.
We'll see you guys in ONE week!

Jill & Charlotte - thank you! Charlotte, I'm taking Kara today and I go in on Wednesday afternoon. We're still both feeling horrid.
Krista said…
You sure train them young! I am trying to get Elijah to give me back rubs already, and he will sometimes, but mostly says he is too tired, lol!
W and J said…
1. You look absolutely beautiful in that baking picture!
2. Your kiddos are adorable, as always
and
3. Ethan is clearly a budding photographer!! I have a really great lesson/project that I've use with my 5th graders to teach them the elements of arts through photography. It's super fun, & they love it. I'm willing to bet Ethan would love it too!! Let me know if you want it!
Stef said…
thanks Jess! I felt absolutely rotten that day, so I take that as a huge compliment :)

Krista, Ethan and Kara are big into giving back, foot, shoulder rubs. I'm trying to figure out how to get Rachel on board :) She rubs Jason's feet every now and again, but its rare.

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away