Mommy joys ...

Motherhood has definitely exceeded my expectations. Pretty much in the area of of my heart. I never knew I could ever love another soul as deeply as I love my kids. When we got married, I remember telling Jason that I couldn't ever imagine myself {before marriage} being able to love a man as much as I love him. And boy, was I wrong.
Then came Ethan... and I thought "This is it; I'm madly in love. I don't think I could love another child as much as I love this boy. How do other moms love multiple children?!" And then came Rachel, proving my theory wrong, followed by Kara - and I think now I understand that God just keeps enlarging our hearts, with each new child we welcome into our family.
In honor of today, as we celebrate this amazing journey called Motherhood, I wanted to post some of the things that steal pieces of my heart away, every.single.day. 

When Kara says "I lub you, Mama."

Ethan apologizing, without being prompted.

Rachel telling Jason he's the best Daddy she's ever had.

waking up in bed, realizing Jason got up with the kids, turned up the sound maker, and closed the door so I could sleep in.



Kara, climbing up to my desk and sticking her face as close to the laptop screen as she can get it and yelling "Nana? a-dare?!" {she likes to skype with Nana}


Ethan and Rachel giving each other a random hug and reminding each other that they're best friends.

Rachel, when she comes into our room in the middle of the night, sniffling and asking if she can lay in-between us, so her bad dream will go away.


Kara's smile (and squeals) when she's sees me first thing in the morning.


Jason saying "Today is all yours. I've got the kids."


The way they all look complete again, when I come home.

Ethan, telling me when he grows up he's going to far away countries to tell poor people about God.

When the kids come running in to say "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy! We never knew God would give us the best Mommy in the world!"


when just one look at my sleeping babies makes my eyes well up with tears and fills my heart with thankfulness and gratitude to God, for these His amazing blessings.


having a random stranger tell me that they think its cool how much it appears I enjoy being a Mom.


the way God has used marriage and motherhood to strip away and refine so many areas of my life. Seeing His grace in action gives me hope for the future. 

Little moments in my every day life. Usually sandwiched in between chaos, busyness, discipline and duties. I've always smiled with such joy when these moments present themselves, because they seem so clearly God's way of saying "I've not forgotten you. Don't grow weary in well doing."


Happy Mother's Day to you all!!



Comments

wedogmomma said…
Beautiful post Stef.
I LOVE how you LOVE being a mommy...it's a great reminder on the days when I don't feel so joyous! (not for my kid's sake...but just in circumstances!)
My fav line....how your family looks 'complete' once you're home.....such a gift!
Happy Mommy's day to a fantastic momma and friend!
Stef said…
Thanks, Nikki! Boy, do I have "those" bad mommy days too. I think its why I love stopping and actually meditating on the MANY reasons why I love being a Mommy. It was my dream growing up... so I guess you could say I'm living my dream! ;-)
Emily said…
This is so great! You do love being a mom...that stranger was absolutely right. And I agree that a mom's heart just keeps getting bigger to accommodate all the love that is growing. Happy Mother's Day, friend!
Gina said…
What a wonderful heart warming post! The joys of motherhood really do make it all worthwhile. :-)
Stef said…
you know, being close friends with you ladies (even though we each live so far from each other) and seeing the way you embrace motherhood is very encouraging for me! I think its one thing I love about reading each of your blogs... to see the joys and things that you share about.
LindaFaye said…
Happy belated Mother's Day! You have a great fam. I remember my sister having the same worries about being able to love another child as much as the first. It's pretty amazing for sure!!
Stef said…
you know, being close friends with you ladies (even though we each live so far from each other) and seeing the way you embrace motherhood is very encouraging for me! I think its one thing I love about reading each of your blogs... to see the joys and things that you share about.
Stef said…
Thanks, Nikki! Boy, do I have "those" bad mommy days too. I think its why I love stopping and actually meditating on the MANY reasons why I love being a Mommy. It was my dream growing up... so I guess you could say I'm living my dream! ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away