testing the new blog layout ...

I haven't had much at all to blog about these days. I've been sick for the past week (I think its a sinus infection), then Kara came down with the same head cold a few days ago and so life has been pretty slow. Lots of playing outside, going on walks, taking naps, reading, etc... nothing super "blog worthy". And then there's the whole lack of really wanting to blog about stuff we do. Lately I've been in a picture mood and not really up to writing posts.
I know some of you will notice the new blog layout and probably wonder what on earth is wrong with me. "Didn't she just say her last layout was everything she hoped it would be?!" Yep, I did say that. I also said I'd never move to Washington ;-) 
Short story is, the other layout wasn't working. On many levels. We actually stumbled across this one, Jason tweaked it a bit and I fell in love. I love when that happens. This layout is super awesome because I have the freedom to change it up, quite easily, around holidays and such, when I'll want a new theme. Oh, the joys of technology! 
Another idea I've been thinking about, is blogging a once a week recipe. I need to try new recipes and thought maybe blogging the new ones I do try, would be good motivation. I've been thinking about joining my friend NIni's Thursday Recipe Rodeo - I'm just not sure I'm ready for that type of commitment :)  

Oh yeah... my big news for the day? I deactivated my Facebook account. Shocking, I know. Believe me, I'm more shocked than you are. Its something I've been trying to talk myself into doing for the past year. Then we moved and Facebook was a nice way for me to gradually move my life from California to Washington, but to stay in daily contact with my life back in California. After reading this article, I finally decided tonight that it needs to be done. I know deactivating it isn't permanently deleting it, but that comes next. When I have to make this big of a deal over deleting my account on a social networking site... maybe it was time a long time ago ;) 
So there you have it! Not much to report. I haven't even been working out over the past 7+ days, due to not feeling well. Figures that would happen just after my  from goals to success post! We'll be leaving for our long trip to California in less than 10 days {amazing how fast May has flown by!} so next week will be full of packing, cleaning and prepping for the road.

Comments

Flourishing said…
About FB...I totally understand. I just can't bring myself to close the account. However, I have deleted all personal info except marriage as well as all photos of other family members, pages etc. I also try not to say anything anywhere on their site (including PM's) that I wouldn't mind the whole world knowing or reading.
I also have wondered about my blog because it is public. But it is pretty much just pics and I never mention the kids by name.
Charlotte said…
I like the new layout! Change is always fun. And I understand about FB but I am not there yet...

Glad you guys are feeling better and I look forward to seeing some recipes from you!
Gina said…
I really like the new layout! Very nice. :-) Hope you all are feeling better soon. Traveling ill is no fun! But we're super happy we'll get to see you soon! :-)
I love the blog world, better than FB, but I feel way too out of touch if I'm off FB--that's just frustrating. I try to keep it all either very private or I'm not too open about what I put on there, like no photos on FB. I suppose we have to be picky or just out of the loop. Snail mail isn't very practical these days...
Stef said…
Thanks girls! The new layout was fun to do :)
Stef said…
oh, with regards to facebook... I deactivated it and then remembered I was waiting to hear back from a few friends to get their contact info :)
Melissa Joy said…
Proud of you for the facebook move. Been there, done that. I told you it'd be hard. :) lol.
And your new layout is great! I can hardly wait until my hubby has time to move my blog to the domain he bought me. I am so sick of xanga, and am ready to move upward. :)
Stef said…
I'm still on FB, Melissa. Don't be proud of me yet :)
I limited my profile and I'm just on there way less. So far its been nice :)
Stef said…
I'm still on FB, Melissa. Don't be proud of me yet :)
I limited my profile and I'm just on there way less. So far its been nice :)
Melissa Joy said…
Proud of you for the facebook move. Been there, done that. I told you it'd be hard. :) lol.
And your new layout is great! I can hardly wait until my hubby has time to move my blog to the domain he bought me. I am so sick of xanga, and am ready to move upward. :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away