Tidbits, two days late

What I'm thinking: Lots of things. I need to start getting the house ready to be gone from it for many days. I need to start thinking about packing. Like... maybe go beyond just thinking about it and actually start putting some things together. Thinking about how odd it is that we're rarely ever sick and then just before a trip, we're all getting sick :(
 
What I'm reading: Foolproofing Your Life - aside from the Bible, its the only other must read I've ever come across!
The Love Dare and my Bible {I've been in Proverbs a lot this week}

What kid quote made me laugh: We began drinking raw milk several weeks ago. After studying up on it and watching lots of documentaries on food/drink, conversations like these make me realize just how much our kids absorbs. Ethan: "Mommy, may I have some water?" Me: "sure" Ethan: "thanks. If its okay, I'd like raw water today."

 
What we're learning: this week, even more complexities to my son's personality. Just when I think I've got things mastered, God reminds me that the learning never ends.

 
What I'm watching: Nothing right now.


What's cooking: I made a spaghetti casserole and cookies last night. Today I'm going to make breaded chicken strips. We're trying to use up the rest of our food before leaving :)

 
What we did over the weekend:
I was really sick over the weekend, as was Kara. We didn't do much at all. Jason took care of the kids - they played outside a lot and just hung around the house. 
 
What I'm wearing: jeans, t-shirt, socks.


What I'm thankful for: I'm thankful for the way God goes about teaching me. I'm reminded in my parenting journey to put on more of a Christ like attitude when teaching my kids valuable lessons. He could so SO often make me fall flat on my face, but in His mercy and kindness, He teaches me with such love and kindness.


What I'm creating: this week I've been trying to create a schedule. Its been slow going.

 
What I'm praying: that we all get healthy by next Wednesday! {preferably by Sunday - I'd like to be at church}

 
What I'm planning: this one kind of fits with my top one, so I won't repeat myself. 

 
What I'm looking forward to: 24 & Biggest Loser season finales!!

Comments

Charlotte said…
I love the excitement of leaving for a trip, but not the packing either. I feel like I am going to forget something really important....

And hey, you got all your sicky stuff out of the way before your trip so you all will all be nice and healthy on your trip. :-)
Stef said…
That's very true! Although Rachel still hasn't caught it. I keep worrying that we'll be traveling with 3 sick kids :(

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away