We're here... but you already knew that :)

(I wrote this the night we got into town and was just now able to post it, so its almost 2 days old - just in case the timeline confuses you) 


We arrived safe and sound! Our trip went smoother than we imagined; all three kids did fabulously well! I was telling Jason, we should think about becoming world travelers, since we appear to have kids that do remarkably well with it. 
When I got them out of their beds at 4:30AM and told them we were leaving (finally) for California, they were all so wired up, I wondered how on earth they'd ever calm down. The sun rises very early in Washington, so we didn't have the luxury of darkness in the car, like we did when we made the long drive from CA-WA back in October. They stayed awake a good hour, asking every few minutes "now are we almost at Nana's house?" and when I did my best to explain exactly how far the trip was going to be; how many hours it would take, Ethan gave up and went to sleep and the girls followed suit shortly after. Between naps, movies, snacks and just looking out the window, discovering new places, we literally heard NOT one ounce of complaining out of them. Kara shocked me. I figured since she's older this time around, but still not old enough to fully understand the trip, I really was bracing myself for a not-so-great-trip with her this time. She amazed us. Sang, took her clothes off (as best as she could from being strapped in her seat, played with bare feet, found her belly button to be a super funny thing to see in the car, and just overall did great with being stuck in her seat for 13 hours. We're so proud of all of them and so thankful that God gave us another great road trip. 

We entered California and wondered if we went the wrong way. It looked more like what I imagine Forks, Washington would look like. I'm not a Twilight fan, but I read the first 3 chapters of the first book and I got the message that Forks must be the most miserable place to live, weather wise. We're talking crazy, gloomy, freezing cold, rainy weather. The kids were happy when we entered the town my parents live in and the sun was out and the sky looked like a friendly shade of blue. When we 1st entered CA and were driving through the super winter like weather, Rachel kept looking out the window and saying "this does NOT look like where Nana lives to me." 

We're all tired (completely worn out is more like it) looking forward to showers and then bed time. Thank you to all of you who prayed for us! We really appreciated it and very much felt your prayers. 

Comments

Emily said…
We're gonna be putting about 7,000 miles on our van in July. Our kids are veteran car travelers too. I'm glad your trip went so smoothly! I love the part about Kara and her bellybutton! Too cute.
wedogmomma said…
Oh Stef, please give me a blog makeover! I drool everytime I visit :D
And now to YOUR visit! Welcome back...and enjoy every minute!
The weather is cooperating JUST perfectly.....Cali is happy with your arrival ;)

(I know talking like that is strange but I just watched AVATAR and it just came out that way...LOL)
Nicola said…
Have a great trip Stef. It sounds like your kids did super well! We're hoping to take a trip to Cali in July and it's going to be a 17 1/2 hour dive, but we'll see how the kidos do, right?

Anyway have a great trip!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away