a word fitly spoken

Ladies, this is an excellent sermon that I think ALL of you and your husbands would appreciate very much. So many of you who have lost a baby, or more than one of your babies, or are praying that God will give you even just one baby, came into my mind yesterday at church. I won't mention you each publicly {you know who you are} but I know for certain this sermon will be encouraging, among other things. For me personally, it helped me to remember ways to pray for others; ways to encourage and lift up others, and new ways to know how to show love and care to those who are hurting around me. And selfishly, {in a good way} I appreciated the way it helped me personally to understand grief a bit more; the whole grieving process and to understand God's view of and experience with it, better.
I would recommend listening to it together. I can't tell you how much of an impact this had on us as a couple. We're really thankful to our Pastor for bringing these things to our attention. He told me he felt like it was the "most odd Mother's Day sermon" he could've preached, but I think it was just the thing we all needed to focus on. Anyway, I told a few of you I'd post the link for you, so here it is!

Comments

LindaFaye said…
by the way, i love the blog face lift!
Stef said…
Thanks Linda! Its still a work in progress. We're trying to figure out how to get the title of the blog to render properly under Internet Explorer.
Melissa Joy said…
Thanks for sharing, Stef. I think churches in general are lacking in this area, and it's always a blessing to see growth. I'm glad to know that you, too, feel *personal* growth in this area too.
I haven't been able to finish listening to the sermon (naptime was over before I thought it would be), but I will. I love this section of Luke.
Melissa Joy said…
Thanks for sharing, Stef. I think churches in general are lacking in this area, and it's always a blessing to see growth. I'm glad to know that you, too, feel *personal* growth in this area too.
I haven't been able to finish listening to the sermon (naptime was over before I thought it would be), but I will. I love this section of Luke.
LindaFaye said…
by the way, i love the blog face lift!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away