2 weekends past

We've been incredibly busy this month! Mostly on the weekends, but summertime activities have picked up during the week as well. Summertime also runs the risk of becoming my favorite time of the year, for probably the first time in my life... which is a new feeling for me. I typically dread these summer months and wait anxiously for the fall weather to set in. I'm quickly adjusting to 85-90 being the high around here :) 

these pictures are all from 2 weekends ago... 
Friday, we went to the beach, on Mercer Island {about 20 minutes from our house} 
we didn't realize there was a beach for people swim in and play at, so we came a bit unprepared. We went for a family hike/walk along the trails and stumbled on the beach! 




Saturday was our friend Parker's 3rd birthday party! Parker goes to our church and we go to his house for Community Group {Bible Study} every Tuesday night. We had a blast at his airplane themed party. The kids {and Dads} made their own paper airplanes and then we raced them together. 

I caught Josh doing "the dance" with the Dad's beer prizes. 
this is only truly funny for those of us who know Josh and catch him doing the dance often ;-) 
ready, set, GO! 


Kara found my lipgloss in my purse and wasn't quite sure where to put it. But she had fun trying it her way. 


I loved this shirt I found for Rachel at Gymboree! Its made in patches and each patch has a different summer time theme; popsicles, sand castles, shovels, slides, etc... I grabbed it for $2.99 !!! 

On Sunday we had several friends over for a BBQ dinner. 

Juliet & Kara love each other 

Comments

W and J said…
Looks like summer is still treating you guys SO well!! :) And what a cute theme idea, LOVE it!!
Stef said…
Summer has been super mild for us, other than a 4 day stint with HOT weather and our A/C was broken :(
Otherwise its been in the low 80's and sometimes even in the 70's - so my kind of summer!!

I loved the theme of Parker's party - super fun for adults and kids.
Amber said…
How is it that your girls have such curly hair while my girl doesn't, and I have curls...Nice ones I might add!!
Stef said…
Summer has been super mild for us, other than a 4 day stint with HOT weather and our A/C was broken :(
Otherwise its been in the low 80's and sometimes even in the 70's - so my kind of summer!!

I loved the theme of Parker's party - super fun for adults and kids.

Popular posts from this blog

keeping the sickies away

I'm feeling twenty-twenty-two ...

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!