capturing the sunset

see that City skyline, way off in the distance? That's Seattle! 
if you look closely you can see the space needle in the middle of it all. 


this is the exact same time the sunset pictures were taken. 
I was trying to capture two things here. 
1.) this is what our water tanks look like here in Washington. Someone came and painted all of them to look "easier on the eyes" than just the plain 'ol white ones.
2.) when the sun is setting {and sometimes after it sets} this is the deep blue color sky we see until around midnight. It gradually gets darker after 9:30, but the sky retains this beautiful deep blue color and you can still see the blue, even when its dark. I love it. 

Comments

Trisha said…
Gorgeous. I'm ready to be there now.
Gina said…
Great pictures! And I love your water towers--they should all be so pretty! :-)
Charlotte said…
I remember those water towers in the northwest! I wish they painted them down here like that...only if they were painted with trees they wouldn't really blend in. If they were going to paint it like the surroundings down here I guess they would be a golden yellow to match the golden grass....which is the color they are anyways. :-)

Hey Stef, can you email me when you get a moment? www.joyfulheartsandfaces@gmail.com
Gina said…
Great pictures! And I love your water towers--they should all be so pretty! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

Blog Giveaway!!

keeping the sickies away