feeling blah, but thankful.

Today has been a bad day. For me, personally. I've been sick with a horrid head cold since Sunday and all I want to do is get away for a few minutes to sleep. But then who watches the kids? Yeah. The life of a Mom, I guess. 
I remember when Ethan was a newborn and I got the stomach flu - I think he was 6 or 7 weeks old. Waking up that morning, throwing my guts up, but needing to nurse and care for my baby was the first day, in my life I realized how much I truly appreciated my Mom. It didn't hit me until that point. Suddenly, her many years of being a self sacrificing Mom, with little time for herself, came slapping me right in the face. 
But today my ears are killing me, my head is pounding {seems I've worked up an immunity to Advil} and my body aches in every place possible. The kids have been fine. Great, actually. At one point Ethan came to me in the kitchen and said "you don't feel good, do you mommy?" and when I told him I felt horrible he said, "well, you're still a pretty amazing Mom anyway" and gave me the world's biggest, best hug. 


Sigh


I hate being grouchy. It doesn't settle well with my overall personality at all. But I am. Terribly grouchy. I told the kids they could watch a movie {in the middle of the day!}, they picked Toy Story, I'm going to get Kara out of my bathroom cupboard, where she's having a grand time playing with sanitary pads. I love that girl, but she puts my brain and body in overdrive sometimes. Then I'm taking a nice warm shower and as soon as Jason gets home from work I'll drag my sick body out to the stores to find a dress to wear to his sister's wedding this week. 
Thats' right - in the midst of all this, we're flying to CA on Thursday. Ahhhhh, life. 


So this post is for all of you Mommies out there. We have one of the world's hardest jobs, but its the best job. I think I needed that reminder today, so I figured a blog post from me on the topic would do the trick :) 


Have a great day, ladies. 

Comments

Nicola said…
Stef, I'll be praying for you that you will get over this head cold really fast. I hope you are able to find a dress for the wedding quickly, so you can go home and get some rest. Much love to you!
Thank you for you encouragement. I needed it as well. May God continue to bless you and your family.
Emily said…
Before you fly, make sure you take Tylenol Severe Cold and Sinus. It will help your ears...flying with a head cold can be awful on the ears. Also, get some nasal spray to shrink the swelling in your nasal passages. Then you'll breathe easier. You may want to call your doctor and ask what he recommends since you have to fly. Also, if you have any ear-numbing drops for your kids, take them with you on the plane. I'll be praying that you get feeling better quickly.
Charlotte said…
Praying for you today, Stef. You are so right, being a mom is the hardest job, but it is the best!
Brooke said…
Sorry you're not feeling well, Stef. I'll pray you get better quickly and can enjoy the time at the wedding. If you remember, please say congratulations to Jenni for me!
Stef said…
Thanks girls! I'm feeling a ton better today, so thank you for your prayers.
We fly out tonight and I'm just praying Kara stays well! She started getting all stuffed up yesterday :(
I'll pass your congratulations on to Jenny, Brooke!
Stef said…
Thanks girls! I'm feeling a ton better today, so thank you for your prayers.
We fly out tonight and I'm just praying Kara stays well! She started getting all stuffed up yesterday :(
I'll pass your congratulations on to Jenny, Brooke!

Popular posts from this blog

One Thousandth blog post + GIVEAWAY!!

keeping the sickies away

Blog Giveaway!!